Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Saving internet radio to a regular ipod

Saving internet radio to a regular ipod
3uvakind
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 20, 2008, 02:27 PM

I'm not sure if this is possible ... I like to listen to internet radio (usually idobi) while I'm working accessed via itunes. Is there anyway to save it (either through itunes or not) for an hour or so & transfer it to my ipod? I'm still using an ipod mini (considering an ipod touch someday soon ... might pick all your brains in a different thread later!)

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Mar 20, 2008, 02:52 PM

Well, Audio Hijack and Radioshift can do it, but it might be an overkill to what you are doing.

Or use Streamers, it's free.

I know there is some software that records automatically, and then imports to iTunes and syncs with your iPod.
I forgot though how it's called.

-t

dampeoples
Mac Elite
Mar 20, 2008, 03:14 PM

3uvakind  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 21, 2008, 10:18 AM

Thanks so much for the info! I'm trying out the free version of radiolover..you only get 30mins of music at a time, but I'll see how much I use it before I commit to paying for it. I wanted to use ifill initially, but Griffin has discontinued that service! Streamers, I passed on because the last line of the description says, "needs work." Compared to the people who post here, I'm probably quite the luddite. The last thing I need in my life is frustration stemming from my own ignorance from a download that might need some work.
Much Appreciated!!! K

dampeoples
Mac Elite
Mar 21, 2008, 10:28 AM

Yeah, I noticed that iFill is not being worked on anymore, kind of sad to me, as I bought a license back when. I liked Radio Lover better anyways, I think.

Forum Links
Forum Rules