Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > I switched to a Mac...

I switched to a Mac...
Reddleader
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 3, 2001, 02:49 PM

I just wanted to tell everyone here that I am now am a mac fan after using a PC for 2 yrs. My wife and I bought our first computer from gateway not knowing a darn thing about them. It has served us well, but all the while I was curious about macs. We decided to buy one for the fun of it (imac 450 dv+) and instanly fell in love with it. Just a couple of weeks ago we ordered a new ibook too (cd-rw). Buy the way I'm still waiting for it too.
Good day

<Ambria>
Jun 3, 2001, 03:15 PM

you'll LOVE it!

yeah another mac convert ... I can just feel that 5% going up as I type ...

imacaholic
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 3, 2001, 03:16 PM

Welcome aboard!
Fold! It does a body good!™
173.82 GHz Tower of Folding Power
9th Ranked Folder in the World

Janger
Forum Regular
Jun 3, 2001, 03:20 PM

Originally posted by Reddleader:
<STRONG>I just wanted to tell everyone here that I am now am a mac fan after using a PC for 2 yrs. My wife and I bought our first computer from gateway not knowing a darn thing about them. It has served us well, but all the while I was curious about macs. We decided to buy one for the fun of it (imac 450 dv+) and instanly fell in love with it. Just a couple of weeks ago we ordered a new ibook too (cd-rw). Buy the way I'm still waiting for it too.</STRONG>
It always gives me a warm feeling to welcome new worshippers, so: Welcome! You will love your Macs, hate Apple from time to time and develop an urge to recruit more Mac users. A wonderful path lies before you.

paterss
Forum Regular
Jun 3, 2001, 03:39 PM

I am a long time Mac user and get so frustrated whenever I use a PC
at just how unelegant it is and how nothing fits together quite right.

Also how Microsoft products keep trying to help me but screw it up almost every time.

I don't know when my new iBook will arrive - waiting patiently for it.

Stuart
Smart people learn from their own mistakes.
Very smart people learn from other peoples mistakes.

fobside
Mac Elite
Jun 3, 2001, 04:24 PM

cool. i think youll be happy with your mac. i started using macs recently. its been less than 6 months now but i have to say i love my mac. i still love my Wintel machines but not in the same way. theres no grace or beauty in the Wintel machines, just power.

<nomorewindows>
Jun 3, 2001, 04:45 PM

I'm also a windows user. I also switched to os x and new ibook recently because I love unix so much. The aqua interface is really cool too. That's what I call innovation. XP sucks.

Reddleader  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 3, 2001, 05:53 PM

When I use a PC its like walking or "going to work" into a warehouse full of junk. When I'm on my mac its like "going to work" in an art gallery. especially with OSX. (By the way, I've tried to crash OSX and I can't do it. All I can do is slow it down with multiple apps going... It's just awsome)
Good day

<sparkler>
Jun 3, 2001, 07:47 PM

I too am a Mac convert after getting fed up with Windows crashing on me every few hours so I ordered a new ibook as my first mac and for a trial to see how I liked it compared to a pc. Since it arrived last Thursday you can't get me off the thing. It took me about 10 mins to set it up and learn the new interface. I love showing off osx and its interface to clients when previewing their sites and the best bit yet - it hasn't crashed once!

sparkler
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 3, 2001, 07:53 PM

I too am a Mac convert after getting fed up with Windows crashing on me every few hours so I ordered a new ibook as my first mac and for a trial to see how I liked it compared to a pc. Since it arrived last Thursday you can't get me off the thing. It took me about 10 mins to set it up and learn the new interface. I love showing off osx and its interface to clients when previewing their sites and the best bit yet - it hasn't crashed once!

gumby5647
Professional Poster
Jun 4, 2001, 12:51 AM

Welcome aboard!!!

and i must say, i understand how some of you feel. I too used to use Windows. I shutter ever time i have to use it now.

But anyways....Welcome to Macnn, if you have any questions, feel free to ask

[ 06-04-2001: Message edited by: gumby5647 ]
AIM: bmichel5581
MacBook 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
4GB RAM
160GB

funkydrunk
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 4, 2001, 02:30 AM

Same here.

Have been using PC for over 15 yrs and really hated it. There should be more to life than config.sys and blue screens. That's why i got my iBook last Xmas and just love it.

Tried to find a reason for getting the new iBook ... and guess what? My mom came over the other day wanted to check her emails and by the time she saw my key lime baby she just couldn't believe how easy it was to use. So now she's a proud owner of my old iBook and I'm waiting for my new one.

Janger
Forum Regular
Jun 4, 2001, 10:18 AM

Originally posted by funkydrunk:
<STRONG>
Tried to find a reason for getting the new iBook ... and guess what? My mom came over the other day wanted to check her emails and by the time she saw my key lime baby she just couldn't believe how easy it was to use. So now she's a proud owner of my old iBook and I'm waiting for my new one. </STRONG>
I gave my old G3/233 to my mother and got myself a G4/533.
It's always good to have people around without a Mac.

ZOM 77
Jun 4, 2001, 03:54 PM

my aunt has an old powerbook 150

she cant really afford a new one....
so im giving her my bronze powerbook (not firewire)
and im getting the new ibook comboo

i orederd it on the 3rd

and im never getting it.

argh
what could ya dooo

and my aunt cant get her beauty new powerbook till i get my teeny ibook.
- motech

http://homepage.mac.com/motech

Forum Links
Forum Rules