Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > Desktop icon sizing in OS X 10.5.5

Desktop icon sizing in OS X 10.5.5
TheZee
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 3, 2008, 03:31 AM

Is it at all possible to have different sizes for different desktop icons in Leopard. I just upgraded from G3 iBook running OS X 10.2.8 Jaguar to MacBook Aluminum running OS X 10.5.5 Leopard. I used to use IconSize Enabler application enhancer from Unsanity to uniquely size the icons that appeared on my desktop(HD, other folders I kept on the desktop) but it doesn't work on 10.5.5 and they seem to be lagging on updating many of their products to Leopard compatibility
Thanks,
TheZee
MacBook Aluminum Unibody, 2GHz Intel Core duo, 2GB RAM, 160GB HD, OS X 10.5.7

eyevaan
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 8, 2008, 02:39 PM

this was abandoned in 10.2. They changed how the resources are called out. It was a neat idea but now it's gone and on a small laptop screen you end up squinting to see which icon you really want to click on.

TheZee  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 14, 2008, 05:34 AM

That is a bummer to hear. Having just purchased a new MacBook Aluminum with way too small screen I was hoping to continue to utilize the different desktop icon size option that I relied so heavily upon when I was using my G3 iBook running OS X 10.2.8 Jag. I remember it was a contextual menu add on from a third party. I can only hope that someone will create one for OS X 10.5 Leopard. If it is at all possible with this new OS X. Thanks for the info anyway.
TheZee
MacBook Aluminum Unibody, 2GHz Intel Core duo, 2GB RAM, 160GB HD, OS X 10.5.7

Forum Links
Forum Rules