Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > NOW Software is No More: Where to Migrate?

NOW Software is No More: Where to Migrate?
Kenstee
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 16, 2010, 09:55 AM

NOW software maker of Now X, Now Uo-to-Date and Now Contact has ceased operations. I have had these calendar and contact programs for years. Found them superior to Apples iCal. Anybody have any suggestions about next move...........

msuper69
Professional Poster
Apr 16, 2010, 04:17 PM

Well, NOW you're screwed!

Thunderbird
Senior User
Apr 29, 2010, 04:46 PM

Do you need the multi-user capability of the old version?

I just migrated our small group from Now Contact and Now Up-To-Date to iCal (and Mac OS X Server) and Bento 3. Bento is very easy to set up, comes with decent templates, and is easy enough to customize. I have it running on the server with iCal.

I'm sorry that they couldn't make the new version of Now X complete and profitable. I have been using Now Contact since 1995, and I don't think it needed a complete rewrite of features. It just needed to be re-written for stability and modern architecture.

Forum Links
Forum Rules