Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Famous people you've met and dislike

Famous people you've met and dislike
fobside
Mac Elite
Mar 10, 2002, 07:16 PM

I'm sure a lot of you have favorite musicians and actors out there and would love to meet them. Some of you have probably met some of your heroes and idols. Is there anyone that you've met and after meeting them, you don't like them as much? I've met a few of my favorite bands and so far everyone has been pretty down to earth and pretty cool about being bothered by a fan like myself. What about you guys?

Leia's Right Bun
Banned
Mar 10, 2002, 07:53 PM

Bette Midler. I bumped into her 10 years ago and she was a real bitch.

Kim Catrell's body guard was a real jerk, but I guess they all are.

Marky Mark ask me for the time back in 1998. He was much shorter then I thought and was yelling at some guy that he was a "f ucking asshole".

[ 03-10-2002: Message edited by: Leia's Right Bun ]

daimoni
Occasionally Quoted
Mar 10, 2002, 08:11 PM

( Last edited by daimoni; Apr 23, 2004 at 08:40 PM. )

dawho9
Senior User
Mar 10, 2002, 08:13 PM

Denny Green (former Vikings Coach) - bumped into him at an Old Country Buffet - no joke.

Seemed really nice, but I know why he is overweight!
- Intel iMac 20' Core Duo - 1GB RAM
- Technology Blog) http://portalxp.org/Web/blogs/rbrynteson/

Grand Moff Tarkin
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 10, 2002, 08:23 PM

Martha Stewart. I ran into her at a (no kidding) Kmart and I complimented her line of goods (being the diplomatic guy I was). She turned to me and said, "of course they're nice, I designed them!"

Whatta b*tch!

"Evacuate? in our moment of triumph?"

ringo
Professional Poster
Mar 10, 2002, 08:24 PM

James Doohan, aka Scotty. I met him when I was working someplace where he made a promotional appearance. He was a nasty, drunken bastard to the staff that day.He made nice nice at his appearance, but only after sneaking off for drinks before.

SillyMonk
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 10, 2002, 10:21 PM

Originally posted by Grand Moff Tarkin:
<STRONG>Martha Stewart. I ran into her at a (no kidding) Kmart and I complimented her line of goods (being the diplomatic guy I was). She turned to me and said, "of course they're nice, I designed them!"

Whatta b*tch!</STRONG>
I almost ran into Martha, literally! I was driving the Jeep down Main Street in a chic Colorado resort town that starts with an A and she and a friend stepped off the curb and into traffic, not looking either way even though they were going against the lights. I had to slam on the brakes and missed them. I thought afterwards how infamous I would be if I ran her down, even accidentally.
My life is my argument. --Albert Schweitzer

Grand Moff Tarkin
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 10, 2002, 10:34 PM

Originally posted by SillyMonk:
<STRONG>

I almost ran into Martha, literally! I was driving the Jeep down Main Street in a chic Colorado resort town that starts with an A and she and a friend stepped off the curb and into traffic, not looking either way even though they were going against the lights. I had to slam on the brakes and missed them. I thought afterwards how infamous I would be if I ran her down, even accidentally.</STRONG>
Infamous? I would say they would make you a national hero

"Evacuate? in our moment of triumph?"

Macintosh
Banned
Mar 10, 2002, 10:41 PM

LOL

finboy
Mar 11, 2002, 04:06 PM

Originally posted by ringo:
<STRONG>James Doohan, aka Scotty. I met him when I was working someplace where he made a promotional appearance. He was a nasty, drunken bastard to the staff that day.He made nice nice at his appearance, but only after sneaking off for drinks before.</STRONG>
Gotta defend Mr. Doohan. Met him at an appearance, and I ended up hanging around to wait for my roommate to show up, so I was there most of the day. He was a great fellow, very friendly. Actually took the time to talk about some of his experience on the set. This was just after Wrath of Khan came out, I think.

Leia's Right Bun
Banned
Mar 11, 2002, 04:09 PM

Originally posted by finboy:
<STRONG>He was a great fellow, very friendly. Actually took the time to talk about some of his experience on the set. This was just after Wrath of Khan came out, I think.</STRONG>
I don't think he was as old, drunk, sick, fed-up and nasty back then.

shmerek
Professional Poster
Mar 11, 2002, 04:13 PM

Alexander Mogilney almost ran me over in an underground parking lot of a fancy hotel.

fobside  (op)
Mac Elite
Mar 11, 2002, 04:15 PM

Originally posted by shmerek:
<STRONG>Alexander Mogilney almost ran me over in an underground parking lot of a fancy hotel.</STRONG>
almost doesnt count. you have to get hit then sue him for all he is worth.

Admiral Ozzel's Hat
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 11, 2002, 08:52 PM

Darth Vader choked my sorry ass
"Lord Vader, the fleet has moved out of light-speed, and we're preparing to...Aaagh!"

DigitalEl
Mac Elite
Mar 12, 2002, 09:36 AM

Carolina Hurricanes captain and future NHL Hall of Famer Ron Francis is a jackass. Of course, many athletes are.

As a (former) TV producer, I had the chance to help put together a series of "Penguins Insider" stories he did for my station while injured a few years back, in Pittsburgh. He was just such a dick to work with. The attitude was like the whole thing was beneath him or something.

Maybe it was? Then don't do it. Nobody twisted his arm. Whatever.

On the flip-side, the New York Rangers' Petr Nedved (another former Penguin)... Great guy, even though he had limited command of the English language in the mid-90s.
Jalen's dad. Carrie's husband.  partisan. Bleu blanc et rouge.

driven
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 12, 2002, 09:51 AM

Originally posted by ringo:
<STRONG>James Doohan, aka Scotty. I met him when I was working someplace where he made a promotional appearance. He was a nasty, drunken bastard to the staff that day.He made nice nice at his appearance, but only after sneaking off for drinks before.</STRONG>
I had the same experience with him.
(I can't say he was drunk, but he was a nasty bastard.)
Nichelle Nicholes was also quite nasty.

Shatner, Nimoy were EXTREMLY kind and friendly. (I've met the both of them 3 times.)

Of the whole Star Trek Lot I'd say that Avery Brooks is the most friendly and willing to B.S. with you.
- MacBook Air M2 16GB / 512GB
- MacBook Pro 16" i9 2.4Ghz 32GB / 1TB
- MacBook Pro 15" i7 2.9Ghz 16GB / 512GB
- iMac i5 3.2Ghz 1TB
- G4 Cube 500Mhz / Shelf display unit / Museum display

SillyMonk
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 16, 2002, 11:40 PM

Yeah, i know this thread died, but tonight I met a famous person who I used to dislike...

My wife, son and I were having dinner at our favorite sushi restaurant in a small chic ski resort in Colorado that starts with an "A." The person who sits at the very next table was David Spade and (I think) Chris Farley's brother. Spade is from SNL and a show called Just Shoot Me here in the US. The tables are quite close and so when my son dropped his formula bottle, David picked it up and said: "there ya go buddy!" He seems like a pretty together dude, I must say. I have respect for him now. He is like a big kid, I think.

Chris Farley's brother looks a lot like him, but older.
My life is my argument. --Albert Schweitzer

Forum Links
Forum Rules