Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Need GoLive CS help!

Need GoLive CS help!
crooner
Senior User
Nov 19, 2004, 05:56 PM

I'm having an issue with GoLive CS that I could really use some help with.

I'm trying to format a site with a background color overlaid with a fixed width, white section that will hold all content. I'd like to have the white section absolutely flush with the top of the page (no space in which you can see the background color) yet have the bottom of the white section have an end and drop shadow effect *that will resize dynamically according to the amount of content*.

As far as the background color is concerned, I'd like that "dynamic" in the sense that no matter how big the browser window, the white section will always be centered.

Examples:

I realize I might have to delve into the unknown world of CSS to achieve this and if that is, indeed the case, please try to explain how to do this as if I were a three year old.

Thank you VERY much for any help!

To dislike Sinatra is a sign of highly questionable taste. To dislike the Beatles is a serious character flaw.

Dr. Smoke
Forum Regular
Nov 19, 2004, 06:06 PM

Hi, crooner.

Not to seem flippant, but you might do better with this post on the Adobe GoLive Mac forum on the Adobe Discussions.
Good Luck!

Dr. Smoke
Author: Troubleshooting Mac OS X

crooner  (op)
Senior User
Nov 20, 2004, 04:59 AM

Originally posted by Dr. Smoke:
Hi, crooner.

Not to seem flippant, but you might do better with this post on the Adobe GoLive Mac forum on the Adobe Discussions.
Judging from your response, I imagine I would, however I found their forums to be not nearly as user friendly as other areas of these forums.

I'll certainly give them another shot, but would be pleasantly surprised if someone wouldn�t mind lending a bit of help here.

To dislike Sinatra is a sign of highly questionable taste. To dislike the Beatles is a serious character flaw.

crooner  (op)
Senior User
Nov 20, 2004, 05:13 AM

Hi, crooner.

Okay... I just spent some time in the Adobe forums and despite their instructions on how to start a new topic, THERE IS NO NEW TOPIC BUTTON ANYWHERE TO BE FOUND!

Dr. Smoke
Forum Regular
Nov 20, 2004, 05:16 AM

Originally posted by crooner:
Okay... I just spent some time in the Adobe forums and despite their instructions on how to start a new topic, THERE IS NO NEW TOPIC BUTTON ANYWHERE TO BE FOUND!

Chill.

At the top of the Go Live discussion, there is large grey box containing a list of links at its bottom:

Bookmark | Add Topic | Subscribe

Add Topic adds a new topic to the forum.
Good Luck!

Dr. Smoke
Author: Troubleshooting Mac OS X

crooner  (op)
Senior User
Nov 20, 2004, 06:04 AM

Chill.

At the top of the Go Live discussion, there is large grey box containing a list of links at its bottom:

Bookmark | Add Topic | Subscribe

Add Topic adds a new topic to the forum.
Okay... I'm chilled. Sorry.

I double checked and when I'm logged in I only see links for

Bookmark | Subscribe

There is no Add Topic link. Hear that snapping sound? That's my mind.

allensis
Jul 5, 2005, 04:28 PM

I too dislike the Adobe Forum....

Anyone know why my Adobe GoLive is the only app after a full CS suite install that will not run? Mac OS does not recognize it or give it the right icon. Does not load at all, no error, nothing.

Mac OS X (10.4.1)
PB 12" Aluminum - 867mhz/640mb/60G

Ran great under 10.2.8 and 10.3.9.

I suspect an installer conflict with Tiger.

Thanks,

joseph

allensis
Jul 6, 2005, 11:32 AM

I got it running!!!

I did the disk permissions about 3 times - no luck.

Booted of the 10.4 disk - ran Disk First Aid, permissions - no luck.

Re-installed GoLive into a seperate folder on the hard drive (sub-folder within Applications) - WORKED!

I was then able to move GoLive to the same folder as the other Adobe CS apps and all is well.

Wheeewhhh!!

Forum Links
Forum Rules