Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Aren't these little girls just the cutest thing?

Aren't these little girls just the cutest thing? (Page 2)
OldManMac
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 24, 2005, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Spliffdaddy
well at least the girls aren't being raised to vote for liberals.
You mean like your "conservative" President, who's exploded the federal budget? You're a riot.
Why is there always money for war, but none for education?

Macrobat
Mac Elite
Oct 24, 2005, 11:14 AM

Actually, the girls are not "advocating" this purging you all seem to be locked in on, just saying that they believe it will come "one day."

I don't agree with the message their supporters are projecting, but lets not be just as guilty of projecting something onto the girls themselves.

I suspect that they are simply singing what they're told to sing.

The song's lyrics seem rather deliberately not to incite or promote this purging. It just claims that the purging is coming, "one day."

All of these "White Supremacist" groups have their roots in the negative reaction to reverse-discrimination laws such as Affirmative Action. Were the government to simply advocate true equality, these things would simply die the death they deserve.
"That Others May Live"
On the ISG: "The nation's capital hasn't seen such concentrated wisdom in one place since Paris Hilton dined alone at the Hooters on Connecticut Avenue." - John Podhoretz

dcmacdaddy
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 24, 2005, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Macrobat
All of these "White Supremacist" groups have their roots in the negative reaction to reverse-discrimination laws such as Affirmative Action. Were the government to simply advocate true equality, these things would simply die the death they deserve.
The only problem with this argument is that Affirmative Action laws are in response to the practice of white supremacy earlier in this country's history.

We had White Supremacy in slavery, Jim Crow laws, poll taxes, Separate But Equal.
Then we had Affirmative Action--which the white supremacists fought--in trying to rectifying some of societies actions due to white supremacy.
Now we have white supremacy as a smaller but more vocal movement.

It seems to me the only constant in this list is the presence of white supremacy. So, how can they be a reaction to anything if they have always been around. Explain the logic of that please.
One should never stop striving for clarity of thought and precision of expression.
I would prefer my humanity sullied with the tarnish of science rather than the gloss of religion.

Macrobat
Mac Elite
Oct 24, 2005, 11:31 AM

The point is that these "counter-discrimination" laws have long outlived their relevancy and now simply serve as rallying points for these "white supremecist" groups to gather round.

Just as another thread here speaks to the other side of the coin with the Miss Black America, United Negro College Fund, NAACP, etc., etc., etc. I believe OreoCookie put it best when he said that all sides simply need to let it go already.

If that were to happen, all of this crap would simply fade away. As it is, we have a vicious circle of discrimination, over-correction, then reverse discrimination, something has to break that arc.

Were you seriously not following that obvious logic chain, or are you attempting to prove some sort of point?
"That Others May Live"
On the ISG: "The nation's capital hasn't seen such concentrated wisdom in one place since Paris Hilton dined alone at the Hooters on Connecticut Avenue." - John Podhoretz

OreoCookie
Oct 24, 2005, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by mojo2
Shouldn't you be asking Spliffdaddy? He's the one I was indirectly speaking to.
I know. That's why I quoted him in the second part of my reply.

Originally Posted by Spliffydaddy
Quoted for emphasis.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

dcmacdaddy
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 24, 2005, 11:39 AM

The point is that these "counter-discrimination" laws have long outlived their relevancy and now simply serve as rallying points for these "white supremecist" groups to gather round.

Just as another thread here speaks to the other side of the coin with the Miss Black America, United Negro College Fund, NAACP, etc., etc., etc. I believe OreoCookie put it best when he said that all sides simply need to let it go already.

If that were to happen, all of this crap would simply fade away. As it is, we have a vicious circle of discrimination, over-correction, then reverse discrimination, something has to break that arc.

Were you seriously not following that obvious logic chain, or are you attempting to prove some sort of point?
Well, your "obvious" logic chain posited a causality between Affirmative Action laws and white supremacist groups--that the white supremacists groups were a "negative reaction" to Affirmative Action laws.

I simply wished to point out that white supremacy groups existed long before Affirmative Action laws. So your implied causality between Affirmative Action laws and white supremacy groups is in fact a false argument. This also calls into question the logicality of your statement about the government advocating true equality. If your fundamental premise is faulty then the conclusions drawn on that promise are likely to be faulty as well.
One should never stop striving for clarity of thought and precision of expression.
I would prefer my humanity sullied with the tarnish of science rather than the gloss of religion.

OreoCookie
Oct 24, 2005, 11:55 AM

Not sure where I am supposed to have posted that, but anyway, here are my 2 cents.

For centuries, blacks and other minorities have been (ab)used to support the American economy at the bottom. Without affirmative action, they would not be able to overcome the cemented status quo. Also we should not underestimate the consequences of accepting the existence of disparities: people were forced to recognize that separate but equal and other kinds of discrimination are not tolerated by society.

Although in the long term, affirmative action should be superfluous at one point, I don't see that America (or other countries) are there yet.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

UNTeMac
Mac Elite
Oct 24, 2005, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Spliffdaddy
Oh come on... you're just trolling now.

How are we supposed to take you seriously when you come out of nowhere with this crap?
"This show is filmed before a live studio audience as soon as someone removes that dead guy!" - Stephen Colbert

Macrobat
Mac Elite
Oct 24, 2005, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by dcmacdaddy
Well, your "obvious" logic chain posited a causality between Affirmative Action laws and white supremacist groups--that the white supremacists groups were a "negative reaction" to Affirmative Action laws.

I simply wished to point out that white supremacy groups existed long before Affirmative Action laws. So your implied causality between Affirmative Action laws and white supremacy groups is in fact a false argument. This also calls into question the logicality of your statement about the government advocating true equality. If your fundamental premise is faulty then the conclusions drawn on that promise are likely to be faulty as well.
As you failed to note that those White Supremacist groups exsited from what was perceived as discrimination as well, during the Reconstruction Era, it comes as no surprise that the point seems to have shot completely over your head, as well.

The groups set up at that time were to counteract a discrimination that those people perceived, rightly or wrongly, in the fact that the lived in a military governorship which dictated their laws to them and had nullified their state Constitutions in order to do so.

Sorry, but the causality exists and has existed. The reason the White Supremecist groups existed before is the very same. They perceived a discrimination against their way of life, and reacted. Each "side" perceives a slight or "wrong," then counter-reacts to "correct" it. So it would seem that it is your premise that is faulty here.
( Last edited by Macrobat; Oct 24, 2005 at 12:19 PM. )
"That Others May Live"

Monique
Mac Elite
Oct 24, 2005, 02:28 PM

It is very sad to see potential adults waste their time hating non-white. One of their song is about Rudolf Heiss who one of the main planner for the final solution. I guess next you are going to tell me that Heiss was misunderstood. Why not be proud of being an American, being proud of your family's accomplishments in humanterian endevours which I guess would not be their family.

These girls do not need prison, they need to be educated that all races are the same, that there are good people everywhere and adoring nazis is a horrible thing. A trip to Aushwicz should do it.

noreturn
Oct 24, 2005, 02:53 PM

Interesting that this is popping up all over the web. I actually found this link a while back:

http://www.nationalvanguard.org/story.php?id=849

Pretty interesting.

http://www.sadlyno.com/archives/0011...#comment-16058

Just sort of a look at the girls as people. I'm not sure how authentic it is, but yeah.

I don't know. I don't think that you can safely argue that these girls aren't racist themselves. I for one will advocate that having racial PRIDE is fine, and even healthy. But when you start saying that you're better than everyone, which is what they girls mention all the time, then you're starting to go off.

You know what? You can't seperate the girls from their supporters. These people stick together, and it's well understood that they mean what they mean. Of course it's going to be obscure and coded. They can't very well sing "power to whitey and f*ck all you n****s and jews."

Ah well, what's the use. Spliffdaddy is clearly set in her ways.

dcmacdaddy
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 24, 2005, 04:00 PM

As you failed to note that those White Supremacist groups exsited from what was perceived as discrimination as well, during the Reconstruction Era, it comes as no surprise that the point seems to have shot completely over your head, as well.

The groups set up at that time were to counteract a discrimination that those people perceived, rightly or wrongly, in the fact that the lived in a military governorship which dictated their laws to them and had nullified their state Constitutions in order to do so.

Sorry, but the causality exists and has existed. The reason the White Supremecist groups existed before is the very same. They perceived a discrimination against their way of life, and reacted. Each "side" perceives a slight or "wrong," then counter-reacts to "correct" it. So it would seem that it is your premise that is faulty here.
So, all white supremacist groups have existed only in reaction to perceived discrimination of white people? Wow. I've never heard that take on the subject before.

But where was the anti-white discrimination when this country was being established and black slaves were being brought into the country. At the time black persons didn't even count as full citizens so how could they be discriminating against whites? Or were there other non-black, non-white peoples who were doing the discrimination against whites? When did the anti-white movement begin such that white people were discriminated against for being white?

This is fascinating and I would love to learn more about this. Have you got links to share with more information on the development of the anti-white movement, especially its early history.

Thanks!

Monique
Mac Elite
Oct 24, 2005, 05:02 PM

Totally agree dcmacdaddy.

Racism is about ignorance, fear, stupidity it is certainly NOT the fault of the victim.
( Last edited by Monique; Oct 25, 2005 at 02:09 PM. )

nonhuman
Posting Junkie
Oct 24, 2005, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Monique

Racism is about ignorance, fear, stupidity it is certainly the fault of the victim.
Racism is the fault of the victim?

My 6 year old great-grandfather was responsible for being run our of his home and country by anti-Semitic rioters?

An interesting take on the matter...

villalobos
Mac Elite
Oct 24, 2005, 07:42 PM

They can't sing.

nonhuman
Posting Junkie
Oct 24, 2005, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by villalobos
They can't sing.
And whoever directed, produced, and edited that video should be shot.

loki74
Mac Elite
Oct 24, 2005, 08:17 PM

I do not support what they are saying. But why are they such a huge problem compared to gangster rappers?

Seriously...I don't think its wrong to proclaim or even "preach" your hate... but to try to elicit it from others, now that is scary. It is my opinion that both these girls and rap "artists" are doing this.

"In a world without walls or fences, what need have we for windows or gates?"

loki74
Mac Elite
Oct 24, 2005, 08:22 PM

Racism is about ignorance, fear, stupidity it is certainly the fault of the victim.
I could have sworn that Hitler or one of his cronies said something very similar once. I don't mean to make this personal, but this and some of the things you've said cast some very serious doubts on your character.

Racism is most definately a moral infraction, one commited by a person. If I get shot in the heart at school, is it my fault because I failed to wear a kevlar vest that day?

"In a world without walls or fences, what need have we for windows or gates?"

mojo2
Professional Poster
Oct 24, 2005, 11:36 PM

Let's look at this with a Clintonesqe eye. If he can seriously question the meaning of "is" then why don't we seaparate the neo-Nazi appeal into it's separate selling points.

Hate in general.
Hate for ANYONE not white.
Hate for Blacks.
Hate for Jews.
Hate for Homosexuals.
Hate for Communists.
Hate for Liberals.
Hate for (Fill in the blank).

Then there's the LOVE part.

Love of America and what it stands for.
Love of the America that once was.
Love of Law Abiding Citizens and Nice Neat Communities.
Love of music devoid of the lyrics, rhythms, instrumentation and arrangements common to 'other' groups' music.

Sadly, there are few groups in America today who love America and espouse all the loving sentiments listed but who don't ALSO hate!

Spliffdaddy may not hate ANYBODY!! He may just not have any groups he can support who love what he loves, (i.e. all the loving things in the list above) yet DOESN'T hate!

He may not hate a soul, but the GOP has stopped being for the good things he liked and so he tried to like the Prussian Blue group's message. And now we're telling him he's wrong to like them.

What's a guy to do?
Give petty people just a little bit of power and watch how they misuse it! You can't silence the self doubt, can you?

noreturn
Oct 25, 2005, 03:51 AM

Originally Posted by nonhuman
And whoever directed, produced, and edited that video should be shot.
I just watched the video, and I have to say, I found the whole thing ridiculously funny. I just couldn't stop laughing. They have about as much talent as a ball point pen.

Let the little tarts sing. Nobody's going to listen to that crap.

iLikebeer
Mac Elite
Oct 25, 2005, 04:17 AM

Originally Posted by loki74
I do not support what they are saying. But why are they such a huge problem compared to gangster rappers?

Seriously...I don't think its wrong to proclaim or even "preach" your hate... but to try to elicit it from others, now that is scary. It is my opinion that both these girls and rap "artists" are doing this.
Because a lot of people tend to think it's less worse or even understandable since blacks have been suppressed for so long. It's kind of like the Israeli/Palestinian thing, it's not going to end until everyone on both sides gets a clue.

UNTeMac
Mac Elite
Oct 25, 2005, 01:04 PM

I hope you mean those afflicted with the ideals of racism and not the victims of it.
"This show is filmed before a live studio audience as soon as someone removes that dead guy!" - Stephen Colbert

Monique
Mac Elite
Oct 25, 2005, 02:06 PM

I should have said it is NOT the fault of the victim. I just realized my mistake there.

mojo2
Professional Poster
Oct 25, 2005, 05:55 PM

I should have said it is NOT the fault of the victim. I just realized my mistake there.
You are pardoned because you are French.

Canadian.
Give petty people just a little bit of power and watch how they misuse it! You can't silence the self doubt, can you?

Forum Links
Forum Rules