Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Peculiar Safari problem..

Peculiar Safari problem..
Grrr
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 5, 2003, 02:39 PM

Had what I thought was a bug in Safari for a long time. And it existed in (I think) all the previous versions, from the very 1st, right up to V74.
So! copying pictures from web sites and pasting them into where ever..
I'd control click a picture, and then select "Copy to Clipboard"
Then paste somewhere.. And the picture is inverted! Upsidedown.. Call it what you will.
Turns out it didnt seem to happen to any Safari using friends of mine, and lo and behold, it doesnt happen on my iMac 400 either. Only on my iBook (600). Both macs have Safari v74 and run OS X 10.2.6
Anyone else got this problem?
I tried deleting Safari prefs.. That didnt help, also removed (temprarily) the other 4 safari files from the Safari folder. And that didnt help either. Much to my surprise.. I cant think what else there is to try?
It was even something I reported to Apple long ago, as I asumed it was a Bug everyone had. But evidently not..
So what to do?
The worst thing about having a failing memory is..... no, it's gone.

Grrr  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 6, 2003, 09:26 AM

Eck.. No one can shed any light? Do I have a Safari Curse upon me?
The worst thing about having a failing memory is..... no, it's gone.

icruise
Moderator Emeritus
Jun 6, 2003, 11:00 AM

A lot of people discovered this bug when dragging album cover art from Safari to iTunes. So you're not alone, although it doesn't happen on my machine. I guess wait for the non-beta release?

brachiator
Mac Elite
Sep 1, 2003, 02:07 AM

Originally posted by Icruise:
A lot of people discovered this bug when dragging album cover art from Safari to iTunes. So you're not alone, although it doesn't happen on my machine. I guess wait for the non-beta release?
I've got this problem in the 1.0 release! Very annoying... any ideas for solution?

Thanks!

Forum Links
Forum Rules