Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > Icon set in the works, suggestions? Help?

Icon set in the works, suggestions? Help?
TheDisaster
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 19, 2004, 01:21 AM

I'm working on some icons right now, I started them mainly because I was bored. If anybody wants to make some suggestions for more icons based on what I have I'd like to make a full set. The two crystal ball icons are pretty cliche, but I like how they came out so I think I'll keep them, and the music icon doesn't really fit with the rest, but I like that too. Maybe when I figure out what I'm doing I'll save the music icon a different set. The one's with pictures in them are pictures I took. I really like my Document icon, and the TV I made. Any suggestions? Comments? Should I bother trying to think of what to do for the rest of them to finish a set?

Click for preview
|wishing is for suckers|

Zee_on
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 19, 2004, 02:14 AM

I like the doc icon, I think the rest could a little perfection, though I like them.

the one with the picture of the abandoned building, where was that taken, I think I might have been there, it looks REALLY familiar..

oh, and I really don't like the shadow on the crystal balls, either get rid of it all together or make it alot better, I like the icons, but crapy shadows make them look bad.

Zee

TheDisaster  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 19, 2004, 02:23 AM

The building is an abandoned Tuberculosis ward off in the woods in Bloomfield NY. The beach pictures are from Gulf Shores, Alabama.
|wishing is for suckers|

Randman
Posting Junkie
Jun 19, 2004, 02:31 AM

If used in the dock or at a smaller size, one would lose too much detail in them.

This is a computer-generated message and needs no signature.

NetworkShadow
Mac Elite
Jun 19, 2004, 03:05 AM

Originally posted by Randman:
If used in the dock or at a smaller size, one would lose too much detail in them.
Ya, that's what I was thinking... I almost never have icon larger than the smallest they can get, only the desktop icons, dock magnification, and columns view preview are very large (because I do like to see the nice icons from time to time).
click one

TheDisaster  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 19, 2004, 10:48 PM

Very good point. I'm going to be busy for a couple days, but when I get back into playing around with these I'll keep the size/detail thing in mind. Thanks.
|wishing is for suckers|

Weezer
Mac Elite
Jun 19, 2004, 11:15 PM

yay rochester

Komisar
Mac Elite
Jun 20, 2004, 12:50 AM

Eh... there is no link

demograph68
Professional Poster
Jun 20, 2004, 01:28 AM

Here's a tip for the note icons. Don't have the page curl edge rounded. (If realism is your thing anyway)

TheDisaster  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 20, 2004, 11:52 AM

Originally posted by Komisar:
Eh... there is no link
There was... I'm not seeing it now either. In fact, I can't get anything to load off my iDisk.
|wishing is for suckers|

Lancer409
Professional Poster
Jun 23, 2004, 04:15 AM

not my style (wont fit my current gui's and iconsets) but good work none the less .. i'm sure plenty of folksw ill find lots of joy in it

Forum Links
Forum Rules