Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > WTB: A Mac Portable & External Screen

WTB: A Mac Portable & External Screen
JonoMarshall
Senior User
Mar 28, 2007, 07:57 AM

Ok, I'm in the market for a Black MacBook (ideally) and 20-24" (Dell/Apple/Anything awesome!) screen to accompany it, I have cold hard cash if you're based in london, or the usual (Paypal, etc.) for overseas.

My budget for the portable is £650-£1000 and £250-£500 for the screen, give me a pm, or post away below!

Tuoder
Mac Elite
Mar 28, 2007, 08:58 AM

Is that 650 including VAT? The reason why I ask is because I have a friend who is looking to get rid of her 12" Powerbook. I believe it is the final one. Of course, for the cash you have you may be looking for a MAcBook, but I just figured I'd ask.

JonoMarshall  (op)
Senior User
Mar 28, 2007, 09:14 AM

Yep, I guess my budget includes VAT, it's what I'm looking to pay, etc.

How much does she want for the powerbook? I wouldn't mind a last rev. powerbook, although I'd prob upgrade it in Sept or so, so wouldn't want to spend too much on it. (It'd be handy in terms of form factor and Adobe apps for the time being.)

SLiMeX
Senior User
Mar 28, 2007, 12:07 PM

Along with my signature, I've got an Envision G19LWk 19" Widescreen monitor. This sounds almost exactly what you're looking for, but it would take a lot of persuading to pry them from my hands. If you're interested, PM me.
BlacBook | 2.0ghz core duo | 2x320gb | 2gb ram | mba superdrive

JonoMarshall  (op)
Senior User
Mar 28, 2007, 12:22 PM

Hmm, I don't think we get them over here in the UK, looks alright and 1440 x 900 would be fine for the size I guess?

To be honest I've started considering a 24" with a res of 1920x1200 now, money's not really an issue, so I guess I'll go bigger rather than regret it at a later date.. just checked out the latest Leopard build too, maybe I should hold on the portable? Decisions, decisions!

What are looking to get for that monitor of yours?

SLiMeX
Senior User
Mar 28, 2007, 12:32 PM

The size is great, really. I use it to the left of my Macbook and it extends my desktop, so I multitask across it a lot more. With the DVI, its crystal clear, and works flawlessly. It seems like a larger monitor.

Anyways, I dont think you caught it. I have exactly what you're looking for. I have a Black Macbook and the external monitor we're talking about, working beside it. PM me for further details.
BlacBook | 2.0ghz core duo | 2x320gb | 2gb ram | mba superdrive

masondixonrecordings
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 28, 2007, 08:01 PM

Jono marshal i have a mac mini intel 1.83gz 512mb ram 80 harddrive and a 23inch hd cinema display that im looking to sell sounds just like what you looking for im willing to sell them both for 1300 plus shipping cost. Everthing is brand new but i dont have the origional boxes nor software any more. And its still under apple waranty you can contact me at [email protected] if interested

Tuoder
Mac Elite
Mar 28, 2007, 08:37 PM

She spent $2,000 American on it, so I am going to try to see if she is at all unrealistic about what she can get for it. She went to art school and they wanted her to have Mac so that it would work with the network that they chose. Apparently they don't know how ot handle heterogenous networks. At any rate, they go as high as $850 in the US. I will talk to her about it. CS3 jsut came out, so you may be interested in that if you get a MacBook.

Forum Links
Forum Rules