Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > To theme or not to theme? CS3 Problems...

To theme or not to theme? CS3 Problems...
JonoMarshall
Senior User
Jun 5, 2007, 03:33 PM

So I find a theme I love (currently "Nice MiniMe"), but then I run into problems... so I change my theme and then run into a new problem, this is starting to get me down and I was wondering how you overcome various theming app problems - move on or try to fix it?!?

At the moment I'm frustrated that most of my themes seem to 'break' the active frame in the timeline of Flash CS3 (on a MB C2D Tiger), as soon as the theme is applied using Shapeshifter I can no longer drag frames around properly and can't right-click on a frame, etc.

If anyone has a work-around or advice for correcting such problems that'd be great, or should I just try to find a theme that gets updated regularly?!

Sandy
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 5, 2007, 04:09 PM

One work around is to add Flash CS3 to ShapeShifter's Exclude List. It's the last tab on the pref pane. You'll have to put up with your menu bar changing to the default everytime you run Flash, but at least you get to use themes in everything else.

JonoMarshall  (op)
Senior User
Jun 5, 2007, 06:14 PM

And suddenly the water became crystal clear... thanks very much, anyone know of a way of tweaking the theme for new apps though? I've tried before, but its never been easy!

Forum Links
Forum Rules