Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS: Wow! Dell Inspiron 5150 (FAST!!)

FS: Wow! Dell Inspiron 5150 (FAST!!)
swichd
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 5, 2005, 09:12 PM

Hey Everyone!
I'd like to sell my screaming fast Dell Inspiron 5150 notebook. I thought I'd give MacNN readers a chance to get it first .
Specs:
Dell Inspiron 5150
Intel Mobile Pentium 4 CPU with HyperThreading Technology @ 3.2GHz (3200 MHz) --Fastest mobile CPU sold by Intel!--533 MHz FSB
512 MB of PC2700 RAM
60 GB ATA133 5400 RPM Hard Drive (standard is 4200 RPM)
DVD/CD-RW Combo drive (8x DVD, 24x24x24 CD-RW)
32 MB Dedicated Video Memory (Nvidia Geforce Go FX5200)
Bright 15" LCD
TV-OUT (S-Video)
2 USB 2.0 Ports
1 IEEE 1394 (Firewire) port
VGA out
V.92 Modem
Dell Wireless 1350 MiniPCI card (802.11 B/G works in Windows and Linux)
10/100 MB/s Broadcom 4400 Ethernet
Sound in/out ports
Type I/II PC Card Slot
1.5-7 hours battery life depending on task
(lower=gaming, higher=word processing, light web browsing)
</specs>

There is a new motherboard installed by Dell because the ac adapter tip broke off. I think this machine still has a few months of warranty left. I'll check on that when I get a chance. This really is a nice notebook. It's way better than Dell's current Pentium M products in terms of power and durability. I've played Unreal Tournament 2004, Warcraft III, Need For Speed Underground II, Doom III, Half Life II, and Battlefield II on this system. Each game ran very nicely, the only notebook I've seen that ran better is the Dell XPS notebook, but that costs several times more than this one. I can provide screen shots of games or apps if you'd like to see the quality. Images are available on demand as well. This Inspiron has ran Linux, Windows XP, and Windows 2003. Each ran well, but I prefer Linux . Your choice of OS will be installed fresh before shipping and I can install any software you'd like, provided you own a copy. All installation CDs will be included as well as the owner's manual. This notebook has served me well, but it's time to move on to a small tablet. Thanks for reading and please feel free to ask me any questions you might have. Who knows, maybe you'll be able to install Mac OS X86 on it someday...Asking price: $800 obo...
( Last edited by swichd; Oct 6, 2005 at 11:49 PM. Reason: Added RAM!!!)
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]"Microsoft Products are Generally Bug Free"
-- Bill Gates[/FONT]

swichd  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 6, 2005, 11:48 PM

Also I have 6 128MB DIMMs of PC-133 RAM ($11 ea), 1 DIMM of 256MB PC-133($25), 1 SODIMM of PC-100($25), and 4 "unknown condition" (but non DOA) 64MB? DIMMs from a few dead PowerMac 6500s ($17 ea). I have lots of other stuff too, just ask me.
Shipping is actual cost (no "handling" fees )
-- Bill Gates[/FONT]

swichd  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 9, 2005, 11:20 PM

Come on! 82 views and not 1 reply :'(. Someone must be interested in this awesome notebook!
-- Bill Gates[/FONT]

Forum Links
Forum Rules