Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > MacNN: Cars (pics inside)

MacNN: Cars (pics inside) (Page 2)
centerchannel68
Baninated
Jan 6, 2007, 01:48 PM

Apart from Spliff, Doofy, and myself, it's really weird to not see any 'older' cars in here. So does being a mac user= only driving new cars? Or what? I mean, new cars are nice and all, but they're kinda boring.

centerchannel68
Baninated
Jan 6, 2007, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by mindwaves View Post
2005 Honda Civic EX Special Edition
What's special about the special edition? More power? Fancy radio? Just wondering. Looks like a regular civic to me.

Paco500
Professional Poster
Jan 6, 2007, 02:14 PM

Not actually my car but looks identical. 2001 325i. Love it.

( Last edited by Paco500; Jan 6, 2007 at 02:16 PM. Reason: Beacause I never f'ing remember how to do the image tag.)

Gossamer
Professional Poster
Jan 6, 2007, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by centerchannel68 View Post
Apart from Spliff, Doofy, and myself, it's really weird to not see any 'older' cars in here. So does being a mac user= only driving new cars? Or what? I mean, new cars are nice and all, but they're kinda boring.
My car's 11 years old now...surely that counts for something.

butterfly0fdoom
Senior User
Jan 6, 2007, 02:20 PM

What's special about the special edition? More power? Fancy radio? Just wondering. Looks like a regular civic to me.
IIRC, it's just an upgraded headunit and a different set of alloy rims.

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Jan 6, 2007, 02:21 PM

You want older?

Proof that mac user does not equal new car (or even nice car). Though, to be fair, I'm also a PC user.

ajprice
Professional Poster
Jan 6, 2007, 02:52 PM

2003 Skoda Fabia 1.4

This photo is when it was in the dealers car park on the day I bought it 18 months ago. Its the only photo I can find of my car, I just realised that I've got hardly any pictures of it anywhere.

It'll be much easier if you just comply.

mindwaves
Jan 6, 2007, 03:09 PM

6 CD MP3 player, AUX jack, 18-spoke alloy wheels, spoiler, leather wrapped steering wheel

macroy
Mac Elite
Jan 6, 2007, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by V12 View Post
Well im pretty sure all new BMW's and certified pre-owned cars from BMW come with free maintence for an extended period.......

You would be correct. I know Mercedes/Audi and BMW all come with free maintenance. And for the BMW, its 4 years / 40K. And that's not just "warranty", but MAINTENANCE. Meaning, break pads, wipers, oil changes etc.... You pay NOTHING to maintain your car for that period (unless its obvious that you are abusing it). Does it justify the higher cost of the car? That's up to the individual to decide.

For me, the car has 1 year left of maintenance, and I've had a total of 2 oil changes and two service advisories done as part of the maintenance. So you can look at it two ways - its a good car... or, I'm not really getting my included "maintenance" worth out of it. But then again, I only have 12K on it... so its not like I drive it a whole lot.

And yes V12, that is my car in the sig. And I'll just use that as my pic for this thread since this is like the billionth time a thread of this nature has been started. Nothing against it... I actually like seeing other's cars, but I'm just too lazy to link another pic. Besides, its bone stock, so there's really nothing unique about it.

Hi I'm Ben
Mac Elite
Jan 6, 2007, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by zerostar View Post
Daily Driver, G35 Sport 6MT 293hp Premium/Navigation/Sat Radio all under 35K

To save time, I have the same car. Thanks for taking the work out of it.

cjrivera
Professional Poster
Jan 6, 2007, 07:05 PM

Daily Driver, G35 Sport 6MT 293hp Premium/Navigation/Sat Radio all under 35K

Sweet car. My neighbor used to have one and I test drove it a few times. Love that car.
"It's weird the way 'finger puppets' sounds ok as a noun..."

cjrivera
Professional Poster
Jan 6, 2007, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by macroy View Post
You would be correct. I know Mercedes/Audi and BMW all come with free maintenance. And for the BMW, its 4 years / 40K. And that's not just "warranty", but MAINTENANCE. Meaning, break pads, wipers, oil changes etc.... You pay NOTHING to maintain your car for that period (unless its obvious that you are abusing it). Does it justify the higher cost of the car? That's up to the individual to decide.

For me, the car has 1 year left of maintenance, and I've had a total of 2 oil changes and two service advisories done as part of the maintenance. So you can look at it two ways - its a good car... or, I'm not really getting my included "maintenance" worth out of it. But then again, I only have 12K on it... so its not like I drive it a whole lot.

And yes V12, that is my car in the sig. And I'll just use that as my pic for this thread since this is like the billionth time a thread of this nature has been started. Nothing against it... I actually like seeing other's cars, but I'm just too lazy to link another pic. Besides, its bone stock, so there's really nothing unique about it.
Looks like from you sig - Steel Gray?
"It's weird the way 'finger puppets' sounds ok as a noun..."

kc311v2
Forum Regular
Jan 6, 2007, 07:17 PM

Wow, some really nice cars on here. I'm a big fan of a few European cars posted on here.

I'll share some pics of one of my rides that not many of you probably see everyday. A 2003 Mercury Marauder (limited production run from 2003-2004).

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Blue Flame
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 6, 2007, 07:19 PM

2006 Passat 2.0T M6, 2000 Volvo XC70

V12  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 6, 2007, 07:23 PM

that Marauder must be a beast, big block v8?

id put a cherry and some cop strobes in the head and rear lights, way to prank your friends or have people 'make a lane' for you when youre in a rush.

centerchannel68
Baninated
Jan 6, 2007, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by kc311v2 View Post
Wow, some really nice cars on here. I'm a big fan of a few European cars posted on here.

I'll share some pics of one of my rides that not many of you probably see everyday. A 2003 Mercury Marauder (limited production run from 2003-2004).

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3
Nice! I always liked those cars. It's kind of a 'big stupid' car, and I mean that in a good way. Biggest car+ decent engine+ nice appearance package= pretty sweet.

centerchannel68
Baninated
Jan 6, 2007, 07:28 PM

id put a cherry and some cop strobes in the head and rear lights, way to prank your friends or have people 'make a lane' for you when youre in a rush.
Pretty sure it's just a big smallblock... around 300hpish. Not super fast, in a car that big, but definitely enough to do burnouts and haul ass.

Gossamer
Professional Poster
Jan 6, 2007, 07:33 PM

Not a big block, but a healthy 300hp 4.6.

vmarks
Moderator Emeritus
Jan 6, 2007, 07:43 PM

daily driver

Wife's car

and lastly

kc311v2
Forum Regular
Jan 6, 2007, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by Blue Flame View Post
2006 Passat 2.0T M6
That is one fine, clean-looking automobile you have there, Blue Flame.
And black is certainly one of the toughest to keep that clean.

I think you may have convinced me to get one in the future when my Tbird decides to shut down on me (closing in on 150,000 miles).

phantomdragonz
Mac Elite
Jan 6, 2007, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Rev-O View Post
You've had to be using this baby as your daily for the past three weeks. Don't know how much snow Boulder received since christmas, ...

[edit: looks like Utah kinda. Ever been over Poison Spider? It's a hoot!]

My jeep has been broken, which really pisses me off... wheel bearings, alighment, leaky tranny... it's all in my dads garage and I am hopeing to get it fixed by next week... all this snow has been a great modivator to get the damn thing fixed... I have not driven it in 8 months... I cant wait to drive it!

That is Poison Spider BTW, it's near the beginning on the switchbacks...

Zach

idyll
Senior User
Jan 7, 2007, 12:25 AM

i only see like 4-5 new cars in this thread.. and if you think cars are boring, you've been driving the wrong kind of cars

IceEnclosure
Moderator Emeritus
Jan 7, 2007, 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by idyll View Post
i only see like 4-5 new cars in this thread.. and if you think cars are boring, you've been driving the wrong kind of cars
He said new cars were kinda boring. I don't want him to lash out at you, so I'm pitching in.
ice

idyll
Senior User
Jan 7, 2007, 03:39 AM

haha, i know what he said, should've been clearer

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 7, 2007, 11:53 AM

Awesome car mdc, loved that car since the first time i saw it at the NY Auto Show

Is it as fun to drive as it looks? hows the interior?
Thanks, I have a few photos of it here here.
It's really nice to drive. The 6 speed automatic with tip tronic is really fun. Because of traffic and stuff, mostly it's in automatic, but manual is great. Sport mode causes it to shift really late and the first time I used it I wasn't expecting such a pull off. It knocked my head back a little.

I love this car.

centerchannel68
Baninated
Jan 7, 2007, 12:53 PM

I think you may have convinced me to get one in the future when my Tbird decides to shut down on me (closing in on 150,000 miles).
1. Ford's only last 150k?! My subie is almost at 200 with no problems, and my wife's accord is at 250k. Both run fine.

2. VW's had reliability issues up the ying yang the past few years. I'd wait a while to let them get their problems sorted out.

centerchannel68
Baninated
Jan 7, 2007, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by idyll View Post

I see lots of new ones. New VWs, new infinitis, new bmws, bla bla bla. Boring. I mean... they're good cars, no doubt, but they don't seem to have the character of older ones. And yeah, new cars can be fast, and handle well. I guess what I'm getting at is something like this:

http://www.zcar.com/forums/read.php?...18448&t=118448

Grassroots motorsports compared the old datsun 240z vs the new 350z. The 350z is a nice, new car. It's faster than the 240, yet ultimately, they chose the 240 as the better car. Why? Character, uniqueness, and feel of the road. Not sure. There's just something about older cars that seems to be a bit better than new ones. New ones just seem... kinda... kinda like how new bands are the result of 'focus groups' and think tanks.

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Jan 7, 2007, 01:10 PM

Grassroots motorsports compared the old datsun 240z vs the new 350z. The 350z is a nice, new car. It's faster than the 240, yet ultimately, they chose the 240 as the better car. Why? Character, uniqueness, and feel of the road. Not sure. There's just something about older cars that seems to be a bit better than new ones. New ones just seem... kinda... kinda like how new bands are the result of 'focus groups' and think tanks.
I hear ya.

Gossamer
Professional Poster
Jan 7, 2007, 03:04 PM

Ford's only last 150k?! My subie is almost at 200 with no problems, and my wife's accord is at 250k. Both run fine.
Um...he said he'll replace his t-bird when it gives up sometime in the future, but right now it's closing in on 150K.

centerchannel68
Baninated
Jan 7, 2007, 04:20 PM

Yeah, he also said he'll replace it when it dies, and then mentioned that it has 150k, which, TAKEN IN CONTEXT, means he thinks it might die soon. Jesus. Do you need everything explained out to you?

Gossamer
Professional Poster
Jan 7, 2007, 04:35 PM

Yeah, he also said he'll replace it when it dies, and then mentioned that it has 150k, which, TAKEN IN CONTEXT, means he thinks it might die soon. Jesus. Do you need everything explained out to you?
You're being awfully harsh.
I don't believe he's thinks
Ford's only last 150k
But I'm not him so I don't know.

scaught
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 7, 2007, 05:01 PM

2000 Golf GLS. automatic. booooooooring. it gets me to work.

zerostar
Mac Elite
Jan 7, 2007, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Hi I'm Ben View Post
To save time, I have the same car. Thanks for taking the work out of it.
No problem ;-)

I recently was contemplating a ATI Superhcrager, I saw a 6MT run 13's with the Vortech SC down at Moroso last month. I think it also had a few other things, but no boost.

V12  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 7, 2007, 10:49 PM

No problem ;-)

I recently was contemplating a ATI Superhcrager, I saw a 6MT run 13's with the Vortech SC down at Moroso last month. I think it also had a few other things, but no boost.
Forget the S/C and twin turbo that bad boy.

ShortcutToMoncton
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 7, 2007, 11:44 PM

He also said 150,000 miles. You're saying kilometers to judge by the "k" you keep using. Sounds like his Ford has just as much wear on it as your vehicles then.

greg
Mankind's only chance is to harness the power of stupid.

centerchannel68
Baninated
Jan 7, 2007, 11:53 PM

No problem ;-)

A supercharger without boost? I thought that car ran high 13s stock?

centerchannel68
Baninated
Jan 8, 2007, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by ShortcutToMoncton View Post
He also said 150,000 miles. You're saying kilometers to judge by the "k" you keep using. Sounds like his Ford has just as much wear on it as your vehicles then.

greg

k= kilo=1000.

Everybody is talking MILES here, unless they're from europe or something. Seriously dude, did you not know that 10k= 10,000? You are severly, severly sheltered, my friend.

Gossamer
Professional Poster
Jan 8, 2007, 12:36 AM

k= kilo=1000.

Everybody is talking MILES here, unless they're from europe or something. Seriously dude, did you not know that 10k= 10,000? You are severly, severly sheltered, my friend.
It was an honest mistake, and there's a nicer way to explain that.

- - e r i k - -
Posting Junkie
Jan 8, 2007, 12:59 AM

Everybody is talking MILES here, unless they're from the rest of the world or something.
Fixed.

Oh, and apparently here's my car:

[ fb ] [ flickr ] [] [scl] [ last ] [ plaxo ]

keekeeree
Mac Elite
Location: Moved from Ohio's first capital to its current capital
Jan 8, 2007, 01:00 AM

I buzz around in a little '93 Geo Storm. Not my only car, but it's a fun little thing to zip around in.

centerchannel68
Baninated
Jan 8, 2007, 01:27 AM

Originally Posted by keekeeree View Post
I buzz around in a little '93 Geo Storm. Not my only car, but it's a fun little thing to zip around in.

Weird car. Does it get pretty good MPG too? What's under the hood of those things?

Gossamer
Professional Poster
Jan 8, 2007, 01:36 AM

Weird car. Does it get pretty good MPG too? What's under the hood of those things?
One of my friends in high school had a Metro. It had a 1.0L 3 cylinder engine, and it got better than 50mpg on the highway, although you had to downshift a gear or two to make it up a hill.

keekeeree
Mac Elite
Location: Moved from Ohio's first capital to its current capital
Jan 8, 2007, 01:41 AM

A little 4-cylinder, 5-speed manual. I get 30+ MPG on the highway. Not too shabby for an older car with almost 150,000 miles. What I really like about it it is the amount of room there is. I'm 6'1" and fit quite comfortably in it. All good things 'cause I do a lot of driving for work.

I like my cars to have "character". This one borders on a bit too much character, but it's fun drivin'.

Here's another pic:

iLikebeer
Mac Elite
Jan 8, 2007, 01:54 AM

Note to everyone here: THAT is offroading. And also note he has a commuter car seperately. All you other SUV driving pansies who claim to offroad on 'gravel' and drive the thing everyday are full of crap.
Not necessarily. I just clicked over 120,000 miles on my 2000 wrangler. It's been all over Moab, Sedona, northern AZ, and has 4 wheel drive to get through snowstorms in Utah and Tahoe. It's paid off, but once I can afford it, I'll have a 2nd car for daily driving and the jeep will become more of an offroad monster for fun.

But generally speaking, I agree with you.

Blue Flame
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 8, 2007, 02:01 AM

thanks I absolutely love it, and it has been completely problem free so far, and I have a history with VW so I wasn't expecting that

IceEnclosure
Moderator Emeritus
Jan 8, 2007, 10:07 AM

A turbo or supercharged G35, properly tuned, should run at least low 13's but ideally should dip into the 12's in the quarter mile.
ice

OreoCookie
Jan 8, 2007, 10:19 AM

My summer ride, it's a convertible actually and fully off-road capable
Obviously it's got a manual transmission with 27 gears. Since it's an SUV, it does 0-100 km/h in no time, I've never managed to get it that fast (70 was the max). Front and rear 180 mm disc brakes. You can't beat the gas mileage, though

I've put over 2000 km on it in just five months

Sorry, couldn't resist, guys. I envy all those with a car … as long as I could put my mountain bike in it, though
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

centerchannel68
Baninated
Jan 8, 2007, 12:37 PM

Sweet bike. Last summer I just biked everywhere, it was great, I put over 400 miles on it, just commuting.

OreoCookie
Jan 8, 2007, 12:52 PM

I've had a car for three years, though, a 1984 VW Golf 2, 4-speed manual transmission, 75 hp engine (once upon a time …). I couldn't afford the parts that were necessary to get it certified again, though
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

maximusbibicus
Forum Regular
Jan 8, 2007, 02:17 PM

Here are a few pics of my RSX. Fantastic car. Quick, efficient, great interior and in my opinion, its beautiful.

Macbook 2ghz|2GB|160GB|SD
Mac Mini 1.83ghz|4GB|320GB 7200RPM|Combo
Mac Mini 1.83ghz|4GB|320GB 7200RPM|Combo
iMac 500mhz|768MB|30GB|DVD
iPod Nano 4GB iPod Shuffle 1GB iPhone 16GB White & 8GB Black

Forum Links
Forum Rules