Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > PC question....

PC question....
Matt OS X
Mac Elite
Dec 10, 2003, 06:22 PM

Hey- dont YELL at me if I'm asking you a pc related question...

Here's how it started... I showed my PC friend about snapshot on desktop on my PBG4.

She was in awe and asked me if PC can do the same thing. I said "yes' But not sure whick keys to be pressed.. so I'm asking you "Used to be PC user" out there if you happen to know.. and that'd be Great!

Happy Holidays..

"Unfortunately, no one can be told what Mac OS X is... you must see it for yourself."

stotan
Dec 10, 2003, 06:33 PM

Originally posted by Matt OS X:
Hey- dont YELL at me if I'm asking you a pc related question...

Here's how it started... I showed my PC friend about snapshot on desktop on my PBG4.

She was in awe and asked me if PC can do the same thing. I said "yes' But not sure whick keys to be pressed.. so I'm asking you "Used to be PC user" out there if you happen to know.. and that'd be Great!

Happy Holidays..
hit the print screen button and it copies the image of your desktop to memory.. then u just paste it into paint or word or something

Matt OS X  (op)
Mac Elite
Dec 10, 2003, 07:40 PM

Originally posted by stotan:
hit the print screen button and it copies the image of your desktop to memory.. then u just paste it into paint or word or something
I dont get it. Of course, because it's PC... Anyway.. could someone clarify it in better way? Thanks

"Unfortunately, no one can be told what Mac OS X is... you must see it for yourself."

sbjordal
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 10, 2003, 09:33 PM

On the "PC", press the "Print SCR" key. Whatever is on the screen will be stored in "RAM." Open up "MS WORD" and paste it in a "new" document. Save the "document" and you're good to go.
---
One XP Box, One Suse Box, One Blue & White,
One ibook, One iMac 17 FP, one 30 gig iPod and a mini
happy .mac customer, os9 free since 3/24/01

Chris O'Brien
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 10, 2003, 09:38 PM

Quite hard not to get, but here's a slightly clearer explanation:

There is a button on a windows keyboard called 'Print Screen' (or prt scrn) generally on the top row near the right.

Weehn you press that it copies a picture of the whole screen to the clipboard - just like pressing command-shift-control-3 on OS X. You then just need to open word/paintshop pro etc and go edit->paste and you have a picture of your screen.

Matt OS X  (op)
Mac Elite
Dec 10, 2003, 09:41 PM

Originally posted by Black Book:
Quite hard not to get, but here's a slightly clearer explanation:

There is a button on a windows keyboard called 'Print Screen' (or prt scrn) generally on the top row near the right.

Weehn you press that it copies a picture of the whole screen to the clipboard - just like pressing command-shift-control-3 on OS X. You then just need to open word/paintshop pro etc and go edit->paste and you have a picture of your screen.
Okay got it.. I'm delivering this message to my PeeCee friend, thanks a mil !!

dawho9
Senior User
Dec 10, 2003, 09:49 PM

One trick - if you hit ALT - Print Screen, it will grab just the active screen.

dw9

Forum Links
Forum Rules