Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Gamecube Wheels

Gamecube Wheels
dampeoples
Mac Elite
Dec 3, 2005, 08:49 PM

I've procured a Gamecube for my son, and want to get him a steering wheel for it. I see several universal wheels at Wal-Mart, are all of these pretty much created equal?
Also, does any driving game work with them?
Also, he's 4, and short, any suggestions on what to do with the pedals? He sits on the edge of his bed and plays his N64, but his feet don't touch the floor...

BasketofPuppies
Professional Poster
Dec 4, 2005, 02:45 AM

Go with the Speed Force Wheel from Logitech. It's well made, and the only one licensed by Nintendo, so on the off chance it ruins his 'Cube's controller ports, Nintendo will help you out.

Just about anything unlicensed tends to break within a few months. Some are even known for destroying controller ports. Avoid them at all costs.
inscrutable impenetrable impregnable inconceivable

Cubeoid
Baninated
Dec 4, 2005, 04:04 AM

I imagined a Gamecube with wheels underneath, so that the actual console can drive

ps.. I wish I had a son

dampeoples  (op)
Mac Elite
Dec 4, 2005, 01:27 PM

Thanks, the lat thing I need is a bum port. I see it has 'flaps' for pedals, how do these work?
Also, I see these wireless controllers (I got some Madcatz one's from Target) are 2.4GHz, isn't that the same frequency that my Airport Extreme is on? I've not tried it yet, but I don't want there to be a problem surfing and playing at the same time..

goMac
Posting Junkie
Dec 4, 2005, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by dampeoples
Thanks, the lat thing I need is a bum port. I see it has 'flaps' for pedals, how do these work?
Also, I see these wireless controllers (I got some Madcatz one's from Target) are 2.4GHz, isn't that the same frequency that my Airport Extreme is on? I've not tried it yet, but I don't want there to be a problem surfing and playing at the same time..
It's also the same frequency most wireless phones are on.

I have my AirPort base station set to interference robustness and that seems to take care of the wireless phone interference. I don't have any Wavebirds so I don't know about those.
8 Core 2.8 ghz Mac Pro/GF8800/2 23" Cinema Displays, 3.06 ghz Macbook Pro
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?

Forum Links
Forum Rules