Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > iTunes Import

iTunes Import
dampeoples
Mac Elite
Jan 16, 2007, 06:37 PM

I'd like to know how to re-import my music and settings on iTunes, not from the iPod, just from iTunes. I am using a 700MHz iMac G3 1GB, 10.3.9, iTunes 7, here's the story:

Got home today from work, and the kids had been playing with the computer in my account, not there own, grrr....I plugged my iPod up and got an error, telling me that my iPod was synced with a different library, and what I would like to do, I clicked cancel.

There were a ton of folders on the desktop, most I recognized, and placed them back where they go, I figured I would be ok. When I launch iTunes, I get the same iPod error (it's still plugged up, charging). I then tried to import the iTunes library file from home/music/iTunes/iTunes Library file, the icon is an iTunes logo with datta written on it. I am not able to import this file. I am able to import the iTunes Music Library.xml file, but there is no data in this file.

All the music is still there, in the music directory, I just don't know how to go about re-importing it all! I would love to keep the playlists I had set up as well. Thanks for any help!

Forum Links
Forum Rules