Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Fooling servers with Safari

Fooling servers with Safari
dampeoples
Mac Elite
Sep 20, 2007, 06:33 PM

I'm still running 10.3.9 and Safari 1.3.2, and the Picassa albums of Google now tell me my browser isn't supported, when it's always worked fine! I used to be able to navigate to a picture, then click the little link button, and paste that into a forum post to hotlink a picture, but can no longer do that. Is there a utility that I can use to trick servers into thinking I'm not using Safari, but using IE instead? I've tried to use stuff like Pith Helmet, but i'm using an old version (I know Pith Helmet doesn't do that, just an example). Thanks!

TETENAL
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 20, 2007, 07:51 PM

Nivag
Mac Elite
Sep 24, 2007, 07:07 AM

Turn the Debug menu on within Safari

When not running Safari, enter
Code:
defaults write com.apple.Safari IncludeDebugMenu 1
at the terminal to turn the menu on (and then re-launch Safari).

A Debug menu option will appear on the top and you can select user agent from there.

I've had hit and miss results with trying to fool webpages with this method. Sometimes i use Firefox and a addon that does the same thing with better results.

Forum Links
Forum Rules