Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > Getting iDVD

Getting iDVD
dvwannabe
Forum Regular
Sep 6, 2002, 05:44 PM

I'm thinking about getting a dvr-104 for my dual 450. Does anyone know how I could buy a copy of iDVD? I've heard that you can only get it pre-installed. But I've also read about people buying the dvr-104 and posting that it works great with iDVD. How did they get it?

nuckin futs
Forum Regular
Sep 6, 2002, 06:33 PM

Originally posted by dvwannabe:
I'm thinking about getting a dvr-104 for my dual 450. Does anyone know how I could buy a copy of iDVD? I've heard that you can only get it pre-installed. But I've also read about people buying the dvr-104 and posting that it works great with iDVD. How did they get it?
buy it for $19.95 at the Apple Online Store.

It says iDVD 2.1 upgrade, but if you read more about it, it's the full version.

winky
Forum Regular
Sep 8, 2002, 01:28 AM

Your timing is amazing. I purchased a Pioneer A-104 this week as well as the iDVD program (it is the full program). I also have a DP-450. The install of both products went flawlessly. Both products work perfectly. My advise is to "just do it !"

dvwannabe  (op)
Forum Regular
Sep 8, 2002, 01:45 PM

So, you bought iDVD upgrade, and it works. Great! I thought you needed a SN to make it work. I'm probably going to buy the dvr-104 this week. Where did you get the dvr-104?

dlefebvre
Mac Elite
Sep 9, 2002, 12:56 PM

I just ordered the dvr-104 from Other World Computing ($289). I just want a confirmation about iDVD. The $19 iDVD upgrade that Apple is selling is not only the updater, it's also the complete version, right? I'm not in the mood to spend $999 on DVD Studio Pro just to make compilations of my stupid little short films.

dlefebvre
Mac Elite
Sep 14, 2002, 12:14 PM

I received my Pionner dvr-104 thursday and my copy of iDVD2 on friday. So Apple's iDVD 2.1 upgrade CD is the complete version and it works just fine. I already did a 4.3 Gb backup of all my Qicktime movies, photos and clip-arts I use to produce short films and I'm about to burn my first short films compilation on DVD. It's good to see my video hard drive almost empty.

Forum Links
Forum Rules