Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Our Archives > General Archives > Macs in the Media > NY Times shows love to Macs

NY Times shows love to Macs
rambo47
Mac Elite
Sep 10, 2000, 09:07 AM

On 31 August in the "Circuits" section of the Times Peter Lewis had some great stuff to say about Apple's new Cube, and about Macs in general. I particularly liked his comparison to Windows.

COME away with me to my desert island, sort of a cross between "Survivor" and "Fantasy Island." The fantasy comes into play in that the island would already have a Power Macintosh G4 Cube computer with a 15-inch flat-panel Studio Display, a set of Harman Kardon SoundSticks speakers and a fast Internet connection. Add to that just one luxury item, "Survivor" style, and that would be a copy of Culture 4.0, an endlessly fascinating CD-ROM from Cultural Resources. Culture 4.0 (www.culturalresources.com) is an ambitious Western civilization study guide for the Internet age, for adults as well as for students. It works with Windows computers as well as with Macs. Although I have become quite intimate with both types of machines over time, I think I'm going to vote Windows off my island. I suppose some things would move me to choose Windows -- if, say, the alternative was eating rats.

------------------
Peep my iDisk: rambo47
"There is no spoon."

[This message has been edited by rambo47 (edited 09-10-2000).]

Forum Links
Forum Rules