Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > alternatives to emusic.com?

alternatives to emusic.com?
tintub
Mac Elite
Oct 9, 2003, 08:21 AM

emusic.com offers unlimited downloads from their catalogue for $15 a month. The catalogue is not too shabby, although there is not so much recent commercial stuff on there, but a lot all the same. I just received an email saying they have been bought and they are changing to a $9.99 a month for 40 mp3s or $50 for 300 mp3s. Obviously as they are breaking the contract, subscribers like me are free to cancel (and cancel I will!). Are there any other places out there that can offer a similar deal to what I had, or are they all on a pay-per-track basis?

If anyone here knows of any big reggae/dub hotline servers, can they PM me? I used to be a regular at a couple of huge ones but since I have been on a modem I have been 'off the scene'. Mods, if this shouldn't be asked here (although of COURSE I am only interested in LEGAL mp3s), then please delete this bit of my post rather than lock the thread.

Mastrap
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 9, 2003, 08:25 AM

What? I used to love emusic and was planning to re-subscribe once our business was making a profit.

I certainly won't do that now.

tintub  (op)
Mac Elite
Oct 9, 2003, 08:28 AM

Originally posted by Mastrap:
What? I used to love emusic and was planning to re-subscribe once our business was making a profit.

I certainly won't do that now.
it's very depressing. i just persuaded my friend to sign up about 2 days ago! luckily he will be able to cancel. still this sucks - almost as much as 'the day the music died' (no, not Buddy Holly dying, stupid, AudioGalaxy getting shut down!)

neigh-neigh-woo
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 9, 2003, 08:36 AM

whats the world coming to ,

I was hoping to have the biggest collection of mp3's in the world, now they go and spoil it, cancel me up

holy macnn
i and i am an ideeot , yes

Forum Links
Forum Rules