Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Problem When Waking Up

Problem When Waking Up
SpinCycle
Forum Regular
Jun 21, 2006, 03:41 PM

I did a search and have not been able to come up with anything here. (maybe my technique is not good enough)

In the past few days I have had problems waking my MacBook Pro from sleep.

If something happens like moving the mouse and the machine tries to wake up with the lid closed and then I open it right away the screen will be off. I can only put it back to sleep fully and then make sure I dont touch anything before opening the lid.

Or when waking up from sleep my external mouse is not detected. I must unplug it and then plug it back in. Strange.

Any Ideas?

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Jun 22, 2006, 10:01 PM

Happens to me all of the time I think it is normal.

SpinCycle  (op)
Forum Regular
Jun 23, 2006, 09:14 PM

That is most unfortunate. Because if I accidentally hit my mouse i have to open it and close it so it will go back to sleep and then wait for it to actually GO to sleep then open it again. DOH! lol

tintin220
Jul 6, 2006, 11:18 PM

this has just begun to happen to me and i dont think its natural.

in the past, if i were say using my powerbook g4 downstairs, closed the lid for sleeping while i went back upstairs and reconnected the system, it would wake up upon reattaching of usb peripherals like my external hub for kb, mouse, etc.

but now, i am experiencing this too. i put the computer there and reconnect cables and it wont wake up. i have to reboot, thus losing unsaved work.

i seriously dont think this is jsut one of those "thats the way it is, too bad, the mac is built that way" issues because it didnt use to happen but now it does. any help would be appreciated

Velocity211
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 6, 2006, 11:21 PM

This is normal for me, it happens to me everytime.
iMac 24" | Core 2 Extreme 2.8GHz | 4GB RAM | 500GB HD
PowerBook G4 15" HR | 1.67GHz | 2GB RAM | 100GB HD
R.I.P 1995 Toyota Supra NA-T

Forum Links
Forum Rules