Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS: ibook 500, cd, 576mb 10 GB -- $300

FS: ibook 500, cd, 576mb 10 GB -- $300
sledsbehave
Senior User
May 10, 2005, 11:44 AM

I am selling my wife's ibook. there is a slight problem with the airport reception, it cuts off completely with the screen fully open, but with the screen at just the right position, you will get normal reception. Also, if you are in the same room as the wirless point, you get reception without problems, it's only when yr a few rooms away that it becomes a problem. She has been using it plugged into ethernet.

So if you use dial up or don't mind plugging in for your ethernet, or if you are in the room with yr wireless router or possibly you know how to fix this, you willl have a great laptop for cheap.

there are no dead pixels, everything else works perfectly.

here are the specs
500mhz G3
12.1" screen (no dead pixels)
576mb RAM
10 GB hard drive
CD rom
Battery gets about 2 1/2 hours.

it's currently running 10.3.9 very nicely. i'm pretty sure i have the original box and software and i will include all that i have in shipping.

$300 including shipping. payment via paypal. email me [email protected] --

http://xiola.org/auctions/ibook4.jpg (1 more pic, it wouldn't let me post more than 3)
as ever,
sonny

sledsbehave  (op)
Senior User
May 12, 2005, 04:42 PM

ibook is still available, i have had a few offers that i am considering, but no one has actually agreed to buy the ibook yet.

so if you have offers fire away.

i know i can get what i want from ebay, but i'd rather not have to sell it there this time around.
as ever,
sonny

sledsbehave  (op)
Senior User
May 13, 2005, 03:25 PM

i had about 3 people email yesterday that want the ibook, but none have sent payment yet, so it's still up for anyone who wants it.

it's amazing how many emails you get where people don't follow through or say, "i decided against it".

it's going on ebay sunday.
as ever,
sonny

sledsbehave  (op)
Senior User
May 16, 2005, 02:06 PM

ibook is still available, i have had 10 emails with offers and interest in the ibook, but no one has made any payments.

i missed the chance to put it on ebay sunday, but i will be listing it tomorrow morning.
as ever,
sonny

sledsbehave  (op)
Senior User
May 16, 2005, 09:39 PM

Sold!
as ever,
sonny

Forum Links
Forum Rules