Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Oh Jeez, Not AGAIN!!

Oh Jeez, Not AGAIN!! (Page 7)
ironknee
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 9, 2011, 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by stupendousman View Post
I explained it.

I illustrated how it's only done to one side.

If you still can't understand, I can no longer be of help to you.

AGAIN...why is it only asked of conservative politicians that it appears the media wants to question their intelligence?
again, my question is who else have the lame stream media asked about magazines?

stupendousman
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 9, 2011, 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by andi*pandi View Post
You forget, for some people Harvard/Ivy is a bad thing. Intellektewahl elite and all. And if he did well he must have had someone else writing his papers. But even if he did do well on his own, it was at Harvard, and is double-plus ungood. No winning.
History is filled with people who got awards and honors, who later under greater scrutiny were found to have cheated their way there. Dr. Martin Luther King was found to have plagiarized his doctoral dissertation years after his death, for instance.

Taking credit for using the work of others has been something that has been done though out history. There are people for instance that have given very compelling arguments that Obama didn't write much of any of his books. He absolutely refuses to release any information which could be used to truly vet his background.

That's not to say that Obama DID do this in school, or that he really does have diminished intellectual capacity. We just really don't have anything to judge him on other than what he himself has said or accomplished - and in "real life" that's not been much other than looking and sounding good giving speeches. In fact, most evidence I've seen is that the guy isn't all that bright. He's either dumb, or an evil genius. I don't know which.

screener
Senior User
Jul 9, 2011, 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by Wiskedjak View Post
I certainly hope so! It'll be fun to watch!
I'm having a good time.
Amazing that he can't hear himself.

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Jul 9, 2011, 09:33 AM

Fail.

You didn't present a single quote where I said what you claimed I said.
And, there's the double-down.

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Jul 9, 2011, 09:38 AM

Can you point me in the direction of such questioning posed to Obama prior to the last election?
Nope, because I don't obsess over such things. In my opinion, all questions are fair questions. Politicians must be able to handle tricky, unfair and unexpected situations. If they can't do this in national politics, they certainly won't be able to keep their head above water in the international politics where whining about gotcha questions will just portray them as weak.

stupendousman
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 9, 2011, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by screener View Post
I'm having a good time.
Amazing that he can't hear himself.
I can hear myself fine. I can also hear all the people who can't make compelling arguments talking to themselves.

And, there's the double-down.
Refute my point if disagree. You can't, so you resort to insults in reply to others. Typical.

stupendousman
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 9, 2011, 10:36 AM

Nope, because I don't obsess over such things.
I don't either. I analyze things and think for myself. I don't sit around and let the media manipulate me or buy into intellectually dishonest attempts to make political opponents look bad while falsely attempting to maintain the veil of unpartisan observer.

If you chose not to take those steps, that's your choice. However, don't come and criticize my points because you really haven't been paying attention. You can either refute them or sit back and read. If you chose to criticize things you haven't really been paying attention to, don't be surprised if you aren't taken seriously.
( Last edited by stupendousman; Jul 9, 2011 at 10:43 AM. )

stupendousman
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 9, 2011, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by ironknee View Post
again, my question is who else have the lame stream media asked about magazines?
Don't just limit it to magazines. They also have asked conservatives about books they read, their favorite authors, and any number of other qualifiers in order to judge their intelligence, while assuming that their liberal counterparts are obviously very smart and did not require intellectual vetting.

They even went so far that Karl Rove compiled a list of books Bush read, even though he didn't read many magazines.
Richard Sprague: The reading habits of George W. Bush

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Jul 9, 2011, 11:02 AM

I don't either.
You don't obsess over what you perceive to be unfair treatment by the "Mainstream Media" toward certain candidates? Really???

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Jul 9, 2011, 11:12 AM

Refute my point if disagree. You can't, so you resort to insults in reply to others. Typical.
Which point? That there's a difference between "no educational achievements" and:
-"accomplished little",
-"educational credentials are questionable",
-"doubt got there on his own merits",
-"unlikely that "affirmative actions didn't play a role in the "quality" of his education",
-"very little real world experience or accomplishments that would show exception leadership or intelligence" and
-"the man was handed achievement"
?

What would be the point in attempting to refute that? It's a matter of opinion. You'll just continue to claim that, technically, you never said "no education achievements", and, technically, you'll be right. However, you certainly have a proven track record of *questioning* Obama's academic achievements.

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Jul 9, 2011, 11:23 AM

Don't just limit it to magazines. They also have asked conservatives about books they read, their favorite authors, and any number of other qualifiers in order to judge their intelligence, while assuming that their liberal counterparts are obviously very smart and did not require intellectual vetting.

They even went so far that Karl Rove compiled a list of books Bush read, even though he didn't read many magazines.
Actually, it looks like way back in January 2010 the Washington Post undertook a thorough investigation into how Obama keeps up-to-date, which includes a list of some of the magazines he reads.
In Obama's decision-making, a wide range of influences

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Jul 9, 2011, 01:29 PM

And, as I think about it, I'm not completely certain why you're so concerned that Obama wasn't asked the same questions as Palin. As I understand it, they were never in competition for the same job.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 9, 2011, 01:51 PM

Fail.

You didn't present a single quote where I said what you claimed I said.
As Wiskedjak predicted you doubled down on the foolishness. Whatever dude.

Saying that he "accomplished little" in regards to real-world experience isn't the same as saying he had no educational accomplishments. Neither is mentioning that his "educational credentials are questionable," when most information on his background shows he wasn't any kind of exceptional student prior to getting into a Ivy League school and yet somehow got in.
"Most information" that you have yet to produce I might add. Probably something from some wingnut blog you frequent. I imagine that's the latest scuttlebutt over at World News. And we see what kind of credibility they have now after that "birther" fiasco. Oh but wait, they are over there tripling down on the nonsense swearing on a stack of bibles that the long-form birth certificate they've been demanding is forged! But I won't go down that rabbit hole with you again on this issue. All I will point out is the LOGICAL INCONSISTENCY of saying on the one hand that Obama hasn't released his grades and transcripts so :::: paraphrase ::::: "how do we really know he's so smart?" ::::: paraphrase :::::: but on the other hand claiming that "most indications" are that he wasn't all that good of a student prior to getting into an Ivy League school.

How does a marginal student for whom there is no evidence they should even be eligible for an Ivy League school, who doesn't even know how many states there are in the union, graduate with honors from ANY institution of higher learning? Sounds implausible to me.
1. Where's the "evidence" that Sarah Palin was eligible for the 4-5 schools she attended? Oh and might I add that bouncing around so many schools is typically an indication of lackluster academic performance?

2. If you truly believe President Obama doesn't know that there are 50 states in the union then you really are .... on second thought never mind. I'll just let people derive their own conclusions on why you keep harping on a single incident that was obviously a case of someone misspeaking. Especially when you defend Sarah Palin who's been downright incoherent in interviews on multiple occasions.

3. Even if President Obama's grades weren't top notch before he got to the Ivy League, they were stellar once he got there. As a magna cum laude honor would indicate. And he certainly wouldn't be the first person in the world to get it together and buckle down academically later in life after they've matured. Keep in mind Obama was 27 when he entered Harvard Law School … 31 when he graduated.

As for what you consider to be "implausible" that's neither here nor there. What matters is what Harvard Law School says and it has spoken. If you can't produce evidence that Harvard Law School is LYING about President Obama's academic performance while he was a student there … then those of us around here with even a little bit of sense will have to chalk up your "speculation" to the delusional thinking that it is.

OAW
( Last edited by OAW; Jul 11, 2011 at 12:29 PM. )

screener
Senior User
Jul 9, 2011, 02:08 PM

I can hear myself fine. I can also hear all the people who can't make compelling arguments talking to themselves.
Wow.

ironknee
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 9, 2011, 04:13 PM

so after all this, sarah is the only person who was asked about magazines she reads.

and it's a gotcha question.

edit:

if she answered the question to begin with, no one would be talking about it.

also, don't you WANT to know how smart the politicians are?
( Last edited by ironknee; Jul 9, 2011 at 07:34 PM. )

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Jul 9, 2011, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by screener View Post
Wow.

I wonder if the whole birth certificate thing was based on "compelling arguments" too?

screener
Senior User
Jul 10, 2011, 06:48 AM

don't you WANT to know how smart the politicians are?
At the least being informed and knowing the sequence of events that you speak of and if called on it, admit it and don't use the "gotcha" excuse.
Take responsibility for gosh darn you betcha sake.

screener
Senior User
Jul 10, 2011, 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
I wonder if the whole birth certificate thing was based on "compelling arguments" too?
He'll, you know who, will say it is and continues the farce.

ironknee
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 10, 2011, 10:16 PM

Actually, it looks like way back in January 2010 the Washington Post undertook a thorough investigation into how Obama keeps up-to-date, which includes a list of some of the magazines he reads.
In Obama's decision-making, a wide range of influences
oh cool... from article

"I don't think time permits him to be surfing all the time," Axelrod said, adding that the president reads "magazines like crazy," including the New Yorker, the Economist, Sports Illustrated and Rolling Stone. "There are some commentators whose views he's interested in, and he'll read blog items."
so stu...what does this mean now???

stupendousman
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 12, 2011, 06:37 AM

Which point? That there's a difference between "no educational achievements" and:
-"accomplished little",
Yes. That and all the others.

For instance, both Obama and Palin had educational achievements. They both graduated from High School and then went on and got a higher education. However, I stated that in comparison to Palin (and Palin really isn't the standard one would want to compare themselves to, I don't think), it didn't seem that Obama accomplished much IN THE REAL WORLD which would prepare him for a job running an entire country. He had virtually no "executive" experience managing people, very little experience actually running a government, government agency or department or even a private company, and had no real major accomplishments he could crow about in his short time in elected office. That's really not the case with Palin.

BIG difference between what you claimed, and what I said.

I then went on to point out that Obama and his supporters seem to put much emphasis on his education, but yet he refuses to allow even any minor vetting of the one area where he may have had some sort of accomplishment, and we know that it's not unusual for people to game the system and get honors they don't deserve by using other people's work and effort.

What would be the point in attempting to refute that? It's a matter of opinion. You'll just continue to claim that, technically, you never said "no education achievements", and, technically, you'll be right. However, you certainly have a proven track record of *questioning* Obama's academic achievements.
I did QUESTION them. I didn't say none existed. Again, big difference, and that's not just a matter of opinion. You twisted my argument because you were having trouble against my real argument. The question is what is the point in debating with people who can't get a simple argument right?

stupendousman
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 12, 2011, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by OAW View Post
As Wiskedjak predicted you doubled down on the foolishness. Whatever dude.

"Most information" that you have yet to produce I might add. Probably something from some wingnut blog you frequent.
Pre-qualifying any information I submit as coming from "wingnut blog(s)" makes it a lot easier to just ignore them without bothering with any further intellectual exercise, doesn't it? There's a logical fallacy at play here. I'll let you do some investigating of your own and you can figure out which one applies here.

1. Where's the "evidence" that Sarah Palin was eligible for the 4-5 schools she attended? Oh and might I add that bouncing around so many schools is typically an indication of lackluster academic performance?
There is none. However, Palin spent most of her post-educational life in public service, mostly in executive positions. She doesn't seem to have mainly claimed educational achievements as a reason she would do well in office. She has the fact that for the most part, she did do well and had some major accomplishments when leading. Obama has that diploma on his wall, a few non-executive level jobs where his success really can't be measured, and a short stint in government office where there doesn't seem to be a plethora of accomplishments he can crow about.

On one hand, you've got a guy who is relying on his education to show he's smart, but won't let out any information so it can be further investigated. On the other, you've got a woman who is claiming that her real world experience makes her qualified for the job, and the media and all her political opponents have a plethora of public records and other means to vet whether or not she accomplished the tasks she claims.

2. If you truly believe President Obama doesn't know that there are 50 states in the union then you really are .... on second thought never mind. I'll just let people derive their own conclusions on why you keep harping on a single incident that was obviously a case of someone misspeaking. Especially when you defend Sarah Palin who's been downright incoherent in interviews on multiple occasions.
I can only judge the man based on what he says or does, and he's been downright incoherent his share of the time as well. Many times when he doesn't have a prompter, it's simply exhausting listening to him try to get a complete thought out of his head.

3. Even if President Obama's grades weren't top notch before he got to the Ivy League, they were stellar once he got there. As a magna cum laude honor would indicate. And he certainly wouldn't be the first person in the world to get it together and buckle down academically later in life after they've matured. Keep in mind Obama was 27 when he entered Harvard Law School … 31 when he graduated.
True, but like I said - we don't really know much about this aspect of his potential achievements. We all thought that MLK had actually earned a doctorate as well, until we found out that he cheated to get it. While I'm not going to accuse Obama of that, the fact that he won't allow anyone to further vet what seems to be the one singular achievement he may have gotten on his own, based on his intelligence, opens up more questions.

It would be different if he really had anything else major to crow about. Or at least could show he made a big difference while in office. While you may disagree with Palin on most issues, a lot of the people who elected her for office can cite specific areas that Palin succeeded with as a government leader, and that's why she kept getting re-elected and moving higher up in office.

Obama. ????

stupendousman
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 12, 2011, 06:58 AM

also, don't you WANT to know how smart the politicians are?
So you too think that Obama should release his educational records, or explain how after bouncing between occidental and Columbia, he got into Harvard and then became an educational star? Especially after witnessing him the last couple years seem to have trouble with some basic concepts, communicating "off the cuff", and failing to achieve a lot of the stuff he promised he could?

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Jul 12, 2011, 08:23 AM

oh cool... from article
so stu...what does this mean now???
It means stu will completely ignore the magazine angle (maybe even try to suggest he said nothing about magazines at all) and begin down a different tack.

ironknee
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 12, 2011, 04:26 PM

So you too think that Obama should release his educational records, or explain how after bouncing between occidental and Columbia, he got into Harvard and then became an educational star? Especially after witnessing him the last couple years seem to have trouble with some basic concepts, communicating "off the cuff", and failing to achieve a lot of the stuff he promised he could?
so you think harvard and columbia are easy schools to attend?

and i thought obama is an elite intellectual ... so which is it?

stu, he's black...it's ok...

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Jul 12, 2011, 06:36 PM

On one hand, you've got a guy who is relying on his education to show he's smart, but won't let out any information so it that MLK had actually earned a doctorate as well, until we found out that he cheated to get it. While I'm not going to accuse Obama of that, the fact that he won't allow anyone to further vet what seems to be the one singular achievement ...
You are aware that obtaining a doctorate isn't a "singular achievement"? It takes *many* achievements in order to achieve a doctorate.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Jul 12, 2011, 06:39 PM

Why are you guys wasting your time? Stupendousman is obviously in love with Sarah Palin, she's not bad on the eyes mind you, so just leave him be.

Also, graduating from Harvard with honors is so easy a caveman could do it.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Jul 12, 2011, 06:54 PM

You are aware that obtaining a doctorate isn't a "singular achievement"? It takes *many* achievements in order to achieve a doctorate.

It's a good thing that having an American birth certificate wasn't one, or else Obama would have been in trouble!

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Jul 12, 2011, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
Why are you guys wasting your time? Stupendousman is obviously in love with Sarah Palin, she's not bad on the eyes mind you, so just leave him be.
I do it to prep for the same talk-radio fed conversations with my parents. The points and arguments they make are almost identical (verbatim) to those from Stu.

screener
Senior User
Jul 13, 2011, 04:57 AM

I don't usually enjoy train wrecks, but this one is fun.
I usually feel embarrassment for those that screw up, but not for the stupendous one.
It's gone past that stage.

ironknee
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 13, 2011, 05:57 PM

it's fun to read stu like it's fun to hear sarah!

screener
Senior User
Jul 14, 2011, 04:07 AM

stupendousman
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 14, 2011, 07:06 AM

so you think harvard and columbia are easy schools to attend?
So then, George Bush is really smart too, since he too went and got a grad degree at one of those schools kinds of schools which you believe are not easy "to attend?"

stupendousman
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 14, 2011, 07:15 AM

It means stu will completely ignore the magazine angle (maybe even try to suggest he said nothing about magazines at all) and begin down a different tack.
No, I didn't see the link initially.

So, a long time after he's elected, after several people had already pointed out the fact that no one was looking into Obama's background and intelligence (or most any liberal) the way they had conservatives back when Palin was being probed, a traditionally left-leaning magazine decided to look into it and ask one of his advisors (not necessarily Obama without prior notice of the question, not giving him time to formulate an answer to be read off a prompter) some info for an article that reads like a hack written PR piece.

It truly reads as though it was written by the White House. An excerpt:
When he turns to solving problems through policy, he reveres facts, calling for data and then more data. He looks for historical analogues and reads voraciously.
Okay. Are you really saying that's the same as using up precious question time by a reporting during an election to get the most important info from a candidate? Because again, I don't remember anyone asking these questions to Obama himself before the election.

stupendousman
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 14, 2011, 07:17 AM

I'm guessing that if the final, most important part of gaining that achievement was gained by cheating, that it isn't hard to imagine that wasn't likely the first or only slip of that kind. That's really not how things happen.

stupendousman
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 14, 2011, 07:17 AM

[QUOTE=screener;4093183]I don't usually enjoy train wrecks, but this one is fun./QUOTE]

Don't hurt yourself. I'm not rubber necking myself.

stupendousman
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 14, 2011, 07:18 AM

Two people smarter than you. Yes, it's great to learn!

screener
Senior User
Jul 14, 2011, 02:12 PM

Alright, I'm done replying in this thread.
Stu should as well, the last five of his posts, well, It's pity time.

ironknee
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 14, 2011, 03:57 PM

So then, George Bush is really smart too, since he too went and got a grad degree at one of those schools kinds of schools which you believe are not easy "to attend?"
love you too sunshine!

w got in because his dad was an alumni

stupendousman
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 14, 2011, 04:10 PM

Obama got in because he bribed the registrar with some coke.

Wow..I think you've got something here. Unsubstantiable theory creation is fun as well!

andi*pandi
Jul 14, 2011, 04:16 PM

I mean, I'm not saying your mother kicks puppies, but have you seen her NOT kick puppies?

ironknee
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 14, 2011, 05:42 PM

Obama got in because he bribed the registrar with some coke.

Wow..I think you've got something here. Unsubstantiable theory creation is fun as well!
yes george w got into yale and harvard because he's smart!

didn't he say that he was a c average student?

and obama is an elite intellectual that the american people don't want to hear him lecture them!

right cletus?

stupendousman
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 16, 2011, 08:35 AM

yes george w got into yale and harvard because he's smart!

didn't he say that he was a c average student?

and obama is an elite intellectual that the american people don't want to hear him lecture them!

right cletus?
You're helping me make my point. With the right connections and help, people with less than stellar academic achievements can go on to get advanced degrees from Ivy League schools. Now, I don't think complete idiots can do this, but I don't think that achieving high at the right schools is clear evidence of advanced intelligence - or at least the type of intelligence required to do a good job in an executive possession.

..and that's pretty much all Obama has on his resume. Nothing much "real world" to show that he, himself can make things go entirely based on his own initiative. From his schooling, to his time in office, it's all been done with massive help from his far left, radical mentors. Essentially given to him, and he's done little with what he's been given.

That's not to say that someone whose personal history reflects that sort of gilded life can't be a good President. I just think that those who try and denigrate Palin's experience and intelligence in comparison to Obama's do not have ample evidence for making such illogical comparisons. Obama hasn't really been tested in the ways Palin has, and he still doesn't look all that hot when you put him under the microscope.

As far as him being in the "intellectual elite," that is were he and the left-wing comrades he has chosen to surround himself with for most of his life would put themselves. It doesn't mean that they are actually very smart when it comes to common sense or actual intelligence which would lend itself to good decision making.

If the last election was Palin versus Obama, I would have voted for her because she had more executive experience, and her REAL views on the issues were more closely aligned with what it seems the majority of Americans want. I really think that the only reason Obama got in was that he looked good, sounded good, and assuaged the emotional guilt a lot of Americans have for it's racist past. He wasn't the best man for the job however, and we are paying for that now. People who attack Palin are blinded by the fact that many of them supported a guy who at best wasn't much better, and at worse was a lot worse.

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Jul 16, 2011, 10:13 AM

love you too sunshine!

Of course, everyone knows ivy league schools are all about granting degrees to conservatives right shnookums?
ebuddy

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Jul 16, 2011, 10:44 AM

You're helping me make my point. With the right connections and help, people with less than stellar academic achievements can go on to get advanced degrees from Ivy League schools. Now, I don't think complete idiots can do this, but I don't think that achieving high at the right schools is clear evidence of advanced intelligence - or at least the type of intelligence required to do a good job in an executive possession.
You're absolutely right. It's pretty clear that connections can help less qualified people get into and through Ivy League schools. Magna cum-laude, however, would need better connections than just Affirmative Action. Is there evidence to suggest such connections existed for Obama during his university years?

I really think that the only reason Obama got in was that he looked good, sounded good, and assuaged the emotional guilt a lot of Americans have for it's racist past.
I think that certainly played into it, but I don't think that was the entire reason(s). I can tell you that I was hoping you guys would elect McCain rather than either Obama or Clinton ... until McCain selected Palin as his running mate and we began to learn more about her.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 16, 2011, 11:07 AM

You're helping me make my point. With the right connections and help, people with less than stellar academic achievements can go on to get advanced degrees from Ivy League schools.

Those would Obama's handlers from the Bilderberg and Bohemian Grove.

From the HuffPo Stephen C. Rose: Should Barack Obama Finesse Bohemian Grove?
Obama officials gave Bilderberg briefings - Kenneth P. Vogel - POLITICO.com
The Obama Deception HQ Full length version - YouTube
45/47

stupendousman
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 16, 2011, 11:14 AM

Is there evidence to suggest such connections existed for Obama during his university years?
There is evidence that he was supported by a host of wealthy benefactors. I believe that one of them was an associate of one of some Arab prince, and it has been suggested that he was the guy who raised funds to get him to Harvard.

Again...how does a guy, the son of a single parent, who there is no evidence was the recipient of high academic honors prior, get into and pay for Harvard? That doesn't happen without strings being pulled. You or I, if having the same apparent record as Obama, do not getting into Harvard.

I think that certainly played into it, but I don't think that was the entire reason(s). I can tell you that I was hoping you guys would elect McCain rather than either Obama or Clinton ... until McCain selected Palin as his running mate and we began to learn more about her.
She scared you, we now. Smart conservative women normally have that effect on liberals. As I've shown, lack of experience or not being able to think and talk "off the cuff" wasn't something that would disqualify someone otherwise, as the election of Obama proved.

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Jul 16, 2011, 11:58 AM

There is evidence that he was supported by a host of wealthy benefactors. I believe that one of them was an associate of one of some Arab prince, and it has been suggested that he was the guy who raised funds to get him to Harvard.
Do tell (please). I'd be interested to learn more about this ... hopefully with references from sources other than World Net Daily.

Again...how does a guy, the son of a single parent, who there is no evidence was the recipient of high academic honors prior, get into and pay for Harvard? That doesn't happen without strings being pulled. You or I, if having the same apparent record as Obama, do not getting into Harvard.
Are you suggesting that children of single parents are at an academic disadvantage to those with wealthy parents?

She scared you, we now.
Of course she scares me. Just as Obama apparently scares you. I'm terrified by the thought of someone with her fundamentalist ideals getting within one not-unlikely-heart-attack of leading one of the most influential countries of the world.

Smart conservative women normally have that effect on liberals
One could easily say the same thing about the effect of smart black men on conservatives. Let's try to stay away from the foolish blanket statements that have little basis in reality, shall we? They really don't help anyone.

ironknee
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 16, 2011, 02:33 PM

especially having the director of the cia to help

..and that's pretty much all Obama has on his resume. Nothing much "real world" to show that he, himself can make things go entirely based on his own initiative. From his schooling, to his time in office, it's all been done with massive help from his far left, radical mentors. Essentially given to him, and he's done little with what he's been given.
who helped him?

That's not to say that someone whose personal history reflects that sort of gilded life can't be a good President. I just think that those who try and denigrate Palin's experience and intelligence in comparison to Obama's do not have ample evidence for making such illogical comparisons. Obama hasn't really been tested in the ways Palin has, and he still doesn't look all that hot when you put him under the microscope.
sarah quit being a governor halfway through her term to make money on fox news...awesome!

As far as him being in the "intellectual elite," that is were he and the left-wing comrades he has chosen to surround himself with for most of his life would put themselves. It doesn't mean that they are actually very smart when it comes to common sense or actual intelligence which would lend itself to good decision making.
who are these comrades?

so now he's not an intellectual elite?

If the last election was Palin versus Obama, I would have voted for her because she had more executive experience, and her REAL views on the issues were more closely aligned with what it seems the majority of Americans want. I really think that the only reason Obama got in was that he looked good, sounded good, and assuaged the emotional guilt a lot of Americans have for it's racist past. He wasn't the best man for the job however, and we are paying for that now. People who attack Palin are blinded by the fact that many of them supported a guy who at best wasn't much better, and at worse was a lot worse.
sarah looks good.

sarah doesn't sound good

stu, he's just black... calm down

Forum Links
Forum Rules