Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Does the iPhone have this feature ?

Does the iPhone have this feature ?
jorgem4
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 2, 2008, 09:33 AM

I am wondering if the iPhone has a feature I love on my RAZR. Turn out I use a calling card very offeten. So I have the number of the calling card on speed dial...sure the iPhone can do that, but then when I the automatited lady on the other end asks for my account number I can send the tones by just pressing one button, becuase they are pre-programed on the contact info in the phone.

Does the iPhone have that feature ?

Parky
Mac Elite
Jul 5, 2008, 04:52 AM

No it does not, you would have to manually enter the codes each time.
Computers - Au MacBook 2.4Ghz, iMac 24" 2.8Ghz Core 2 Duo
iPods - 5GB original iPod, 4GB nano - Red, 1GB 2G shuffle - Silver, 4GB 3G Shuffle - Black, 16GB touch, 16GB nano Red, 16GB iPhone 3G.
OSX User Since Public Beta, current OS 10.6.1, iTS UK purchases - 5377 songs.... and growing!
My website - www.idparkinson.co.uk

Randman
Posting Junkie
Jul 5, 2008, 02:26 PM

You could use Quicktime and iTunes and create a music track with those tones and play it back. Not sure it'll work but it's worth a try.

This is a computer-generated message and needs no signature.

msuper69
Professional Poster
Jul 5, 2008, 05:20 PM

Try this.

Try a conference call and add the calling card as a participant. Maybe the tones will be heard by the computer.

Cold Warrior
Jul 5, 2008, 05:27 PM

Is it possible to put a 'wait' or delay into a contact #? For example, my Motorola lets me input a calling card # as a contact, then in the same contact tel # line I can input a wait followed by the PIN #, then another wait followed by the final destination #. Basically it's all saved as a single contact, and when I dial it, it gives me a screen prompt asking if I want to initiate the second part of the # (the PIN), then after that I can choose yes/no to dial the final #.

Gee4orce
Professional Poster
Jul 9, 2008, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
Is it possible to put a 'wait' or delay into a contact #? .
Yes - hold down * on the keypad when entering the number, and it will change to a ' , ' - a pause.

Forum Links
Forum Rules