Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > My 667 locks up in IE, anyone else?

My 667 locks up in IE, anyone else?
n_lim
Forum Regular
Nov 12, 2001, 07:44 PM

HI all, I have been using a 667 30 gig for the past week and loving it. I really like 10.1's look, but every time I use IE 5.1.3 in conjunction with either iTunes 2.01 and/or mail 1.1 the computer will intermittently lock up. Nothing will work for about 15-45 seconds and then start working again. Does anyone else experience this? It does not happen in 9.2 and only seems to happen when using IE via modem. Did not happen when on an ethernet network. Could it be an Internet Connect problem? I have the most recent IE security updates. TIA
12" Al 867|60GB|SD

fulmer
Professional Poster
Nov 12, 2001, 10:58 PM

no problems with my 667/48G/DVD. Maybe you got a bum OS install. Try this:

restart your computer, and make sure it'll boot into OS X. A second after you hear the starup chime, hold down Command-s

This should boot you into single-user mode. Once you see the prompt, type

fsck -y

then hit return. This will do a little check. After it's done, type

reboot

and hit return.

n_lim  (op)
Forum Regular
Nov 13, 2001, 02:00 PM

Hmm, thanks for the reply Fulmer. I did the check that you described and everything came out okay. Ran Norton last night as well as a Defrag. Will see if that works, but it seems like it is still locking up. Anyone have any other suggestions? Should I contact apple? Thanks
12" Al 867|60GB|SD

SamGrinter
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 13, 2001, 02:15 PM

Hmm, I have had problems with IE doing that on any machine if there are other programs running (epecially itunes). Perhaps you should try one of the alternative browsers. I am at least going to give them a try when my new powerbook arrives today.

Forum Links
Forum Rules