Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > 17" MacBook Pro Delivery Times?

17" MacBook Pro Delivery Times?
pjmurphy
Forum Regular
Apr 27, 2006, 07:12 AM

Ok, placed my order day of announcement. Stock machine.

Estimated Shipped By May 9, 2006
Estimated Delivered By May 16, 2006
Config: MBPRO 17/2.16/1X1G/120/256VRAM/SD-DL-USA

Replacing 1.67 G4 17"
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
www.brandthunder.com
15" MBP
2 nanos (blk, red)
8GB iPhone
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

ncaj
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 27, 2006, 12:31 PM

Ordered on same day with exactly same specification, other than UK keyboard, showing estimated shipment date of 8 May, 2006 with estimated delivery date of 10 May, 2006.

Strange for shipping dates to be ahead for UK???

theJoy00
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 27, 2006, 12:54 PM

i ordered mine on April 25th. i opted for the 7200RPM, 100GB HDD though that is all that i have different from the model you two ordered. my order status reads the same as yours pjmurphy. i also chose 2-3 day shipping. i phoned Apple to see how consverative the estimates for the shipping date were. the guy i spoke with said that they could begin shipping as early as May 4th . . . and that would be unreal.

CyberDave
Dedicated MacNNer
May 2, 2006, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by pjmurphy

Replacing 1.67 G4 17"
I ordered mine Sunday night (April 30) around 11 PST through the Education Individual store. Estimated ship is May 10, delivery by May 17.

Technically a custom configuration because I ordered iWork pre-installed (I've only got about 6 weeks of school left before I finish my Masters, but damnit I want to be able to use Keynote for at least one presentation!)

I didn't see an "official" thread tracking orders dates/ship dates/arrival dates like I seem to recall for the 15.4" MPB. I think we need to get one going.

donny31
Dedicated MacNNer
May 2, 2006, 06:47 PM

Ordered a few days ago - 2 gb/2.16. Delivered 9th -receive 12th -2-3 day shipping.

thag-simmons
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 2, 2006, 06:51 PM

This sucks. I placed my order for the 17" on Amazon soon after the announcement and asked for 2-day shipping with Amazon prime. The shipping estimate was March 4 to 11, arrival estimate March 11 to 15.

Just today I decided to fork over the extra 3.99 and change the shipping from two-day to overnight. My shipping estimate immediately jumped to March 15! Did changing my order place me at the back of the line, as if I had canceled and started over? Or is this just a revised estimate for everybody, even those who placed their order early?

If anyone has placed a new amazon order for the 17" today, what is your shipping estimate?

hldan
Mac Elite
May 2, 2006, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by thag-simmons
This sucks. I placed my order for the 17" on Amazon soon after the announcement and asked for 2-day shipping with Amazon prime. The shipping estimate was March 4 to 11, arrival estimate March 11 to 15.

Just today I decided to fork over the extra 3.99 and change the shipping from two-day to overnight. My shipping estimate immediately jumped to March 15! Did changing my order place me at the back of the line, as if I had canceled and started over? Or is this just a revised estimate for everybody, even those who placed their order early?

If anyone has placed a new amazon order for the 17" today, what is your shipping estimate?

From the information about your shipping dates you should already have had the Macbook for a month now. March?? Or May??? Check your post.
iMac 24" 2.8 Ghz Core 2 Extreme
500GB HDD
4GB Ram
Proud new Owner!

thag-simmons
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 2, 2006, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by hldan
From the information about your shipping dates you should already have had the Macbook for a month now. March?? Or May??? Check your post.
I meant May, sorry. Original delivery estimate was May 8 to 15. Now it's May 15.

connor1301
May 3, 2006, 09:24 AM

MBPRO 17/2.16/1X1G/120/256VRAM/SD-DL-GBR

Ordered Apr 27, 2006 at 06:49 AM GMT

Estimated Shipped By May 11, 2006
Estimated Delivered By May 15, 2006

So much for the 7-10 days advertised on the web site!

Anyone know if a 1Gig stick for the MBP15" will work in one of these?

J

ncaj
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 3, 2006, 09:36 AM

Should work fine according to Apple Rep I ordered MacBook Pro 17 from. I thought I read an article on BareFeats though that matched pairs gave slight performance boost?

dazzla
Senior User
May 3, 2006, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by ncaj
Ordered on same day with exactly same specification, other than UK keyboard, showing estimated shipment date of 8 May, 2006 with estimated delivery date of 10 May, 2006.

Strange for shipping dates to be ahead for UK???

How do you choose a UK keyboard? By UK keyboard I hope you mean with the " symbol above the 2 and the @ symbol down near enter. Every Mac I've ever bought is the US layout with the @ symbol above the number 2. Can you get a UK layout keyboard on a Macbook?

ncaj
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 3, 2006, 10:54 AM

All apple products in UK ship with UK keyboard with £ sign above 3. USA keyboards have # symbol above 3. I think perhaps you are referring to difference between most Macs and PCs where on Mac @ is above 2 and on PC " is above 2?

dazzla
Senior User
May 3, 2006, 11:32 AM

I assumed that was a US/UK thing as opposed to a Mac/PC thing. It's always frustrated me going from a Mac at home to a PC at work with the @ symbol switched.

markponcelet
Dedicated MacNNer
May 3, 2006, 11:37 AM

Ordered MBPRO 17/2.16/1x1G/100 from Apple the day it was released. Estimated ship by May 8. Estimated delivery (on the slow boat from China) May 15.

CyberDave
Dedicated MacNNer
May 3, 2006, 04:41 PM

If memory serves, Apple usually ships these things via FedEx, especially when they are a new product coming straight from the factory in China or Taiwan, and that the 7 day delivery times Apple is quoting are a gross over-exageration.

I'm going to cross my fingers that this ends up being the case with the 17" MBP as well, because I want this baby ASAP!

Cory Bauer
Dedicated MacNNer
May 4, 2006, 02:01 AM

Ordered mine the day of announcement, (April 24th), and swapped the 120GB 5400RPM for the 100GB 7200RPM. Estimated shipment on May 8th, with estimated delivery on May 15th. That couple of weekends in there where nothing happens with the shipment just kills me. I considered the 2-3 day express delivery, but figured Apple would be their typical selves and delay orders by weeks thus making the 'express' delivery a waste.
-Cory Bauer
[email protected]
http://www.sboobtv.com

Simon
Posting Junkie
May 4, 2006, 02:38 AM

Originally Posted by Cory Bauer
I considered the 2-3 day express delivery, but figured Apple would be their typical selves and delay orders by weeks thus making the 'express' delivery a waste.
I'm wondering, in such a case, couldn't you just call them and demand a refund of the express delivery fee?

Cory Bauer
Dedicated MacNNer
May 4, 2006, 03:12 AM

Originally Posted by Simon
I'm wondering, in such a case, couldn't you just call them and demand a refund of the express delivery fee?
I suppose you'd be able to change your shipment method prior to it actually shipping. That way if 3 weeks from now it still hasn't shipped, you could call and downgrade it to standard shipping. I didn't think of that. Stupid me.
-Cory Bauer
[email protected]

pjmurphy  (op)
Forum Regular
May 4, 2006, 02:50 PM

So, in the weekly email from Apple (Apple eNews), they do a quick story about the new 17 MBP and it states.. "Shipping now and starting at just $2,799..." So.. am I reading into this or has anyone received shipping notices??
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
www.brandthunder.com
15" MBP
2 nanos (blk, red)
8GB iPhone
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

ncaj
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 5, 2006, 07:25 AM

Had quick chat with Apple Rep this morning and MacBook now has status pending on her system which I gather means it is being packaged and will ship within the next 24 hours. That's the good news, the bad news is that it is shipping from Far East so I'm not too hopeful it will arrive on or before estimated delivery date of 10 May 2006 :-(

markponcelet
Dedicated MacNNer
May 5, 2006, 11:40 AM

Thought I would tell you folks that I just got a notification that my 17" Macbook Pro (with the 7200 HDD, but otherwise stock) just shipped.

Estimated delivery date is 10 May. I chose the standard shipping.

Whoohoo!

Cory Bauer
Dedicated MacNNer
May 5, 2006, 11:44 AM

Ditto to what markponcelet said, right down to the May 10th Delivery and 7200RPM drive. Thank you Apple for shipping my order ahead of schedule.
-Cory Bauer
[email protected]

pjmurphy  (op)
Forum Regular
May 6, 2006, 06:50 AM

Sweet Saturday morning!! I just got a notification that my 17" Macbook Pro just shipped.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
www.brandthunder.com
15" MBP
2 nanos (blk, red)
8GB iPhone
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

reybart
Forum Regular
May 6, 2006, 07:06 AM

Sweet Saturday morning!! I just got a notification that my 17" Macbook Pro just shipped.

We have the same shipping & delivery dates, and email notification. Maybe we have our MBP on the same plane.

ncaj
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 6, 2006, 09:58 AM

Just received my shipping notification, estimated delivery date of 12 May 2006 by TNT International.

MovieCutter
Dedicated MacNNer
May 6, 2006, 10:13 AM

Just got my shipment notification as well. May 9th delivery

Cory Bauer
Dedicated MacNNer
May 7, 2006, 10:13 PM

Just wanted to give an update. My 17" MacBook Pro shipped Friday with expected delivery on May 10th. However, tracking information now shows that it's already at the sort facility in my neighboring city. Not sure if Fed-Ex will let it sit at the facility for three days, or if they'll delivery it earlier than May 10th.
-Cory Bauer
[email protected]

connor1301
May 8, 2006, 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by joker3001
MBPRO 17/2.16/1X1G/120/256VRAM/SD-DL-GBR

Ordered Apr 27, 2006 at 06:49 AM GMT

Estimated Shipped By May 11, 2006
Estimated Delivered By May 15, 2006
Actual Shipped May 06, 2006
Est Delivery May 12, 2006

pjmurphy  (op)
Forum Regular
May 8, 2006, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by Cory Bauer
Just wanted to give an update. My 17" MacBook Pro shipped Friday with expected delivery on May 10th. However, tracking information now shows that it's already at the sort facility in my neighboring city. Not sure if Fed-Ex will let it sit at the facility for three days, or if they'll delivery it earlier than May 10th.
Exactly same with me.. it is in my town (Columbus OHIO) this morning!! Still says estimated May 10th.. i am betting tomorrow!!
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
www.brandthunder.com
15" MBP
2 nanos (blk, red)
8GB iPhone
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

ehunt
Forum Regular
May 8, 2006, 09:34 AM

Mine has also arrived in Canada and is sitting 45 min's drive away from me but the arrival date still says 3 days later on Wednesday! Hoping tommorow morning!

edit : Unfortunately it sat in Mississauga all day doing "Int'l shipment release"...Son of a Biscuit! But I did update my sig block in anticipation of an early delviery
( Last edited by ehunt; May 8, 2006 at 09:44 PM. )
: MB Pro 17" 2.16GHz Intel I MB Air 1.6GHz I iPhone 3G I iPod Nano & Shuffle I PB G4 867Mhz I AirPort Extreme 802.11n I Time Capsule
MISC : Lacie D2±RW Dual Layer I Canon Powershot A700 & HV10 I SONY PSP & PS3(60gig) I Western Digital 500GB

Cory Bauer
Dedicated MacNNer
May 8, 2006, 09:36 AM

I'm opening mine right now. I picked it up at the Fed-Ex facility on the way to work today. So it's official: the 17" MacBook Pro has arrived
-Cory Bauer
[email protected]

Dave Hagan
Dedicated MacNNer
May 8, 2006, 10:53 AM

Mine also arrived! I was so excited when I saw "on the truck for delivery." I drove home from work, waited about 10 minutes, and the FedEx guy showed up. Perfect timing. It will have to wait to be opened when I get home at 3:00 or so.
Dave Hagan | Apple Certified Technical Coordinator | iMac G5 1.9GHz | PowerBook G4 1.5GHz | Power Mac G4 933 MHz

bernt
Forum Regular
May 8, 2006, 11:04 AM

So, what about the whine?
PowerBook 15" 1.25G/1G/80G | iMac G5 17" 1.6G/1.5G/300G | MacBook Pro 15" CD2.0G/1.5G/120G | MacBook C2D 2.2G/4G/160G

Cory Bauer
Dedicated MacNNer
May 8, 2006, 11:29 AM

Mine is virtually silent. Because I knew people would want to know, I turned off the nearby machine and the buzzing bank of florescent lights so I could give it a real good listen. Unless you put your ear to the keyboard, my 17" has nothing even remotely close to a whine.

An awesome machine by the way. Unfortuantely it came SO early that I haven't yet crossgraded to Final Cut Studio 5.1 - filling out the forms now.
-Cory Bauer
[email protected]

connor1301
May 10, 2006, 05:54 AM

Actual Shipped May 06, 2006
Est Delivery May 12, 2006
Estimated Delivery Date 15 May 2006 (Subject to change)
Seems my macbook is stuck at an airport for some reason ..

08 May 2006 12:00 Pudong International Airport Potential Connection Delay

ncaj
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 10, 2006, 08:12 AM

I heard from TNT Rep that it was 7 day public holiday in China all last week so I guess there's a bit of a backlog at the moment. Don't panic though as mine was showing same message for 24/48 hours and then arrived in Amsterdam at 10.29 this morning.

maurice2gi
Baninated
May 12, 2006, 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by thag-simmons

I ordered my 17" MBP from Amazon on April 28 and it states:

Shipping estimate: May 30, 2006 - June 12, 2006
Delivery estimate: May 31, 2006 - June 13, 2006

I e-mailed Amazon asking when they think the MBP's might be in and about the
rebate, since they have to be post-marked by June 13th. This was their response:

Thank you for writing to us at Amazon.com.

First, please allow me to extend my most sincere apologies for any
frustration this matter has caused.

Sometimes unexpected fluctuations in supply can add time to our
original availability estimate. We have learned that " Apple MacBook
Pro MA092LL/A 17" Notebook PC (2.16 GHz Intel Core Duo, 1 GB RAM,
120 GB Hard Drive, SuperDrive)" is now back-ordered, and our
supplier has not been able to let us know exactly when they expect
to have more in stock.

I'm sorry that you were not notified sooner of this change in
availability.

Please note that although we are upgrading your method of shipping,
this does not lessen the amount of time it will take us to obtain
the item; it merely speeds up the time it takes to get it to you
once we are able to ship it.

We will ship the item as soon as we are able to obtain it. You
won't be charged until we ship it to you. When your order has
shipped, we'll send you an e-mail confirming the contents and method
of your shipment.

We would understand if you'd prefer to cancel your order. You may
cancel unshipped items through the "Your Account" page, accessible
at the top of any page on our web site. To cancel your order,
simply click "Cancel items or orders." After signing in with your e-
mail address and password, you will be able to view your order
history and cancel your order for any item that has not yet entered
the shipping process.

If you have further questions, feel free to visit our online Help
pages:

http://www.amazon.com/help

I appreciate for your understanding and patience in this matter.

Again, we are very sorry for this inconvenience. We appreciate your
business and hope that we will see you again soon at Amazon.com.

I have Amazon Prime and selected overnight for the additional $3.99.

I'm also getting $44 off because I use Amazon's A9 web search.

Item(s) Subtotal: $2,799.99
Shipping & Handling: $3.99
-----
Total Before Tax: $2,803.98
Estimated Tax: $0.00
Total: $2,803.98
Estimated A9 Instant Reward: $-44.02 (A9 Reward)
-----
Grand Total: $2,759.96

I guess if you sign up for their credit card, you can get even more off.

connor1301
May 12, 2006, 06:51 AM

Estimated Delivery Date 15 May 2006 (Subject to change)
Seems my macbook is stuck at an airport for some reason ..

08 May 2006 12:00 Pudong International Airport Potential Connection Delay
Delivered 12th May 2006 ...
btw I'm in yorkshire, uk

ncaj
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 12, 2006, 06:57 AM

Delivered 12 May 2006 :-) Cambridge UK

maurice2gi
Baninated
May 12, 2006, 08:31 PM

I received tracking information from Amazon today. My 17" MBP shipped today and I'll have it on Monday.

Podolsky
Mac Enthusiast
May 13, 2006, 10:33 AM

Replacing 1.67 G4 17"

Just curious but I have a 1.33 G4 17" and I am definitely waiting for one or two revisions to upgrade to the MBPRO 17. Why with a late gen 1.67 are you willing to put up with the wait for a first rev that IS GOING TO HAVE PROBLEMS that will dissappear in later builds? Do you have probs with the 1.67?

pjmurphy  (op)
Forum Regular
May 13, 2006, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Podolsky
Just curious but I have a 1.33 G4 17" and I am definitely waiting for one or two revisions to upgrade to the MBPRO 17. Why with a late gen 1.67 are you willing to put up with the wait for a first rev that IS GOING TO HAVE PROBLEMS that will dissappear in later builds? Do you have probs with the 1.67?
Well, you seem certain my 17" MBP is going to have problems!! Wow, what do you know that I dont? I have VERY pleased with my new machine.

I had ZERO problems with the 1.67 G4. I look at like this - I am only renting these machines - I simply sell the one going out and get a good deal on the new one coming in (my wife works at the local university). I do this with cell phones as well.. I like to have the latest gadget and luckily our income supports this habit too. Plus, I can see the value of G4's dropping daily - cash out while I can..
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
www.brandthunder.com
15" MBP
2 nanos (blk, red)
8GB iPhone
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Shinguuji
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 13, 2006, 11:45 AM

A friend of mine ordered one on the day of the announcement - he'd been waiting for NES for weeks after seeing my 15.4". It was delivered on Wednesday the 10th ... with two scratches and a dent/paint chip on the lid. Packaging was fine so must have been damaged during production. Luckily it works fine, but he's loath to send it back and wait another 3/4 weeks for a new one. Paid a visit to the newly opened local Apple Store. After the staff got past the "You've got one already? Mine's still in China" and had a good look around the machine, they've stuck an order in for a new screen assembly.

It's nice, but I'm more than happy I saved £700 on my 15.4".

thag-simmons
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 15, 2006, 08:21 PM

Finally got mine from Amazon today. Ordered 4/27, shipped 5/12, received 5/15 via UPS.

The machine was shipped triple-boxed from Amazon. The outer carton, as shipped from Amazon, was in perfect shape. However, the carton box, the one used for shipping from Apple to Amazon, was dented one side, with a couple gouges. Since these boxes are substantially thinner than the Powerbook boxes, I feared the worst. However, after opening it, the actual MBP box inside, and the computer itself, were unharmed.

Oh yeah... the MPB box itself looks like the clear round patch of tape had been cut (and thus the box had been opened at some point) and a second one had been applied over it. Is this Apple revising the machine somehow before it was shipped? Anyone else see this? I doubt Amazon did this.

I added an extra 1GB module before even powering it on. $73 at OMNI technologies. It shows up as identical to the other module. I could have sworn that System Profiler showed RAM timings in the Powerbook. No such info on this machine, it just says 667MHz.

The first thing I did was condition the battery. Charge it fully and let it sleep for two hours at max charge. Then run the battery down completely, until you get the final warning. Then charge it up again.

The machine is nearly perfect. The screen is incredibly bright, with a little bit of extra brightness at the bottom where the backlight is. However, the *only* time you'll notice this is when the machine first boots, with the grey screen. During normal use you don't notice it at all. The screen does have a narrower viewing angle than Powerbooks. If you're used to the viewing angle of a desktop LCD, though, be aware this is not the same. This actually reminds me more of typical PC laptops than of the Powerbooks. Deeper blacks and bright screen, but narrower viewing angle. A security feature. :-)

When transferring files from my other Mac, the MPB got very hot. The bottom and the top strip between the keyboard and screen couldn't be touched for more than a few seconds. However, after that was done, the machine barely runs warm. I'm running a few apps on it now and it's just slightly warm. The palmrests are not warm at all. A fan is running somewhere inside, very very quietly. I can hear it *only* if I hold it right up to my ear. I guess that's a good thing, because it means the cooling system is working, directing heat to the heat pipe instead of to the case?

No whine, not yet anyway. It's a quiet room and I have very good hearing. :-)

LCD Screen Tester shows no dead pixels.

Keyboard backlight looks like it did on the last rev of Powerbooks. Same color and brightness.

Oh yeah... the machine is FAST! Crazy fast. Any of you wondering whether you should trade up from a Powerbook: this machine leaves a 1.67 Powerbook in the dust. It seems faster than a Dual 2GHz G5 too.

It came with 10.4.6. I ran software update, and it's downloading a mess of new software.

Here's something bizarre. I have a bunch of Quicktime movies captured by a Panasonic camera, and none of them play. Maybe the codec wasn't a universal binary? Time to troubleshoot... welcome to Intel. :-)

HouseSold
Senior User
May 16, 2006, 02:30 PM

Congrats to everyone receiving their new 17" MBP's.

After visiting the local Apple store past weekend with my two current laptops (17" Powerbook G4 1.33 and new Toshiba with Trubrite screen) and comparing them to the 17" MBP on display, we definitely will not be upgrading to any MBP at this time. The store personnel were surprised at how excellent the Toshiba display was (as was I) next to the MBP and how very hot the 17" MBP display model was (just idling, not running anything) The viewing angle on the MBP is depressing, to say the least, since I often have to share an onscreen look with clients. Color renditions for graphics also fall way short because of viewing angle accuracy.

The G4 Powerbook has nowhere the speed perhaps, but there is not enough in the MBP offering to cause us to update yet. I wish there was.

The Toshiba that I have to use at work, is surprisingly great considering it was only $499 new and is thoroughly zippy and wonderfully viewable. And the screen opens flat for presentations, which our Powerbook and the MBP cannot.

Grrrr.

twa
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 25, 2006, 01:49 PM

Anyone else order a 17" MBP from Amazon had it shipped? I'm trying to gather information on when people ordered and when shipments began arriving to guestimate when I should expect mine. I ordered mine 5/8 with overnight shipping, but it hasn't shipped yet.

thag-simmons
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 25, 2006, 06:52 PM

I ordered from Amazon 4/27, shipped 5/12, received 5/15 via UPS. I used Amazon Prime overnight.

Tenacious Dyl
Mac Enthusiast
May 27, 2006, 04:35 PM

Ordered my MacBook Pro 17" (With 2 GBs RAM)...

I placed the order Friday May 26th (Online, with student discount)

UPDATE:
According to the first time I checked,
It was estimated to be shipped by May 31, and arrive by June 7th

IT NOW says its estimated to ship by June 7, and arrive by June 14!! What gives Apple? They just pushed it back a full week. From a little while ago when I checked the first time.
yep.

ehunt
Forum Regular
May 30, 2006, 04:32 PM

I ordered it day 1....never took it out of the house as I was using my old G4PB as the road machine since it has a smaller screen....noticed today that when you close the lid it didn't seem to latch down on the right....Apple Store folks said the screen was warped!?!?! So it will be going back to Apple and a new one will be on the way....but I loved it so far....nice and fast but not vey stable as some of the App's I used weren't Universal so they crashed the whole machine a few times, haven't had that happen since the switch to OSX! It was developing a bit of a whine as well when using iPhoto so I'm hoping the new machine will be a bit better as it's been a few more weeks in production now! And I'm sticking with the matte screen....
: MB Pro 17" 2.16GHz Intel I MB Air 1.6GHz I iPhone 3G I iPod Nano & Shuffle I PB G4 867Mhz I AirPort Extreme 802.11n I Time Capsule
MISC : Lacie D2±RW Dual Layer I Canon Powershot A700 & HV10 I SONY PSP & PS3(60gig) I Western Digital 500GB

olegww
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 30, 2006, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Tenacious Dyl
Ordered my MacBook Pro 17" (With 2 GBs RAM)...

I placed the order Friday May 26th (Online, with student discount)

UPDATE:
According to the first time I checked,
It was estimated to be shipped by May 31, and arrive by June 7th

IT NOW says its estimated to ship by June 7, and arrive by June 14!! What gives Apple? They just pushed it back a full week. From a little while ago when I checked the first time.
The same thing happened to me. Today was "day 7" of the "will ship in 5 to 7 business days". Instead of receiving a joyous email with tales of tracking numbers and delivery dates, I log into my Apple account and see a revised shipping date of a week later. Nice.

Nevertheless, I'm a switcher and can't wait to get this friggin' thing in my hands!

Forum Links
Forum Rules