Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Battery for Performa 5320

Battery for Performa 5320
[email protected]
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 30, 2000, 01:11 PM

My elderly performa 5320, now gifted to my small son, is having its first battery crisis - it's 1904 all the time etc - so I need to replace, which is fine but I don't know how! Is this a straightforward thing? We have only one authorised Apple dealer where I live and they are not exactly reliable (I have called the four times now to ask and the promise to "get back to me" is never carried out) so maybe I can do this myself? Only experience to date is fitting RAM in an iMac - easy by anyone's standards. How about this?

John Strung
Senior User
Nov 30, 2000, 01:50 PM

See if this link helps. I think the battery on your computer is probably on the logic board, so the procedure for replacing it would be much like replacing RAM.

[This message has been edited by John Strung (edited 11-30-2000).]

[email protected]  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 3, 2000, 09:38 AM

Thanks! I have alreay checked out the site since your recommendation but am still not sure which of the models my Performa 5320 is - I guess I can check using the Apple database. I'll give it a go myself over the next few weeks.

Forum Links
Forum Rules