Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > 9500 With 10/100 ENET

9500 With 10/100 ENET
James Mullins
Jan 18, 2002, 01:27 AM

Bit of a trick one for everyone out their, I work as a computer service tech in Australia and have not had to worry about this issue before.

We have a 9500 with an in built 10Mbit Ethernet Card and have recently installed a 10/100 Ethernet card in a spare PCI Slot.

The problem is that the OS (8.5.1) only seems to se the inbuilt port and not the card. Is their any way to the the machine which port to connect through?

Thanks

James

P.S. It is a publishing company and as you would guess they want it done yesterday!
Windows: Been There Done That , Why go Back?
MAC

MikeM32
Banned
Location: "Joisey" Home of the "Guido" and chicks with "Big Hair"
Jan 18, 2002, 05:40 AM

I've had some experience with your exact set-up (9500 with added 10/100 card).

First make sure your drivers are installed and then check out your Apple Menu/Control Panels/Appletalk. You should get a list of the connections you can make.

I worked with a 9500 system that had an Assante 10/100 card installed and it showed-up as (something like) "Ethernet 2". The default is simply labelled "Ethernet", so anything else with "Ethernet" that shows-up in the Appletalk control panel should be the one you want to select.

That should (hopefully) solve the problem.

Mike

Forum Links
Forum Rules