Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > New Macbook?

New Macbook?
cleary_jp
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 22, 2008, 01:44 AM

I patiently waited for WWDC 08, praying for a new macbook because I have been dying to buy one but know a new one has to be on its way soon. Was a little bit dissapointed that the Macbook Air was introduced instead, because thats not really what I want and dont want to spend that much. So does anyone know if a new macbook is on its way soon? Its the last Apple to have the shiny white plasitc so surely the will release a new one soon!

bishopazrael
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 22, 2008, 03:50 AM

Well, there is a school of thought that in the next month or so we'll see some updates. SOmeone mentioned that they do the macbooks before ......oh crap... i forget. But basically I'd say wait a week, see if anyone here can shed any light, and if not, just buy a current MB and enjoy life.
Backups are like guns and condoms. It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

Stizo99
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 23, 2008, 05:42 PM

I'd say wait til the next MWSF'09; chances are that by then something new and improved ought to be unleased.

Actually I'm in the market for a MBP myself and feel your pain. I'm waiting for my birthday within the next couple months to take the plunge. I think that whatever upgrades take place between now and then won't be that significant (i.e. like adding a Blu-ray drive or integrating a Flux Capacitor for time travel capabilities).

shinykaro
Forum Regular
Jan 23, 2008, 06:16 PM

The WWDC 2008 is in June

I was waiting until Macworld for the same reason, and knew right away the MBA wasn't for me. I just picked up a new MacBook and I can't imagine any updates that would make me regret the purchase. I love it through and through, and there's still room to upgrade the HD and RAM whenever I choose to.

I don't know about you, but I'm kind of glad they still have the white plastic casing around. These things really stand out when you take them on the road. It's all about the cool points.

analogika
Posting Junkie
Jan 23, 2008, 06:34 PM

MacBooks were updated in November.

Probably won't be updated again until spring.

MacBook PROs, however, should be coming fairly soon.

fk51785
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 23, 2008, 11:06 PM

I wanna get a new macbook but i think i will wait.
i know they gonna update macbook very soon
with totally new design.
Apple 20'' 2.16GHz IC2D iMac
Apple 1G 2GB White iPod Nano
JBL Creature II White Speaker
HP Photosmart C3180 Printer

Simon
Posting Junkie
Jan 24, 2008, 04:40 AM

Now: new MBP, Penryn 2.5/2.6 GHz, better GPU, larger HDDs.

May: new MB Penryn 2.1/2.4 GHz (likely)
or
June: new MB Penryn refresh 2.26/2.4 GHz, new Cantiga chipset (1067 MHz FSB, 800MHz RAM), Intel X4500 graphics (less likely)

June: new MBP, Penryn refresh 2.53/2.8 GHz, new Cantiga chipset(1067 MHz FSB, 800MHz RAM)

Puppet_Master
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 21, 2008, 10:36 AM

Hi all,

I am looking into buying a MacBook. I want to get the newest model. Anyword on when a newer model will be released?

Cold Warrior
Feb 21, 2008, 10:49 AM

Personally I'd like to see an aluminum model.

SierraDragon
Mac Elite
Feb 21, 2008, 03:54 PM

Existing MBs are good boxes if one likes glossy displays and does not need a MBP for some reason. Major new MB changes soon are unlikely. Simon's time line above looks like a good forecast, just buy one now and max out the RAM.

-Allen Wicks

Cadaver
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 22, 2008, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Puppet_Master View Post
Hi all,

I am looking into buying a MacBook. I want to get the newest model. Anyword on when a newer model will be released?
Since they were updated in November, I doubt a revision is coming within the next 8 to 12 weeks.
I bought a black 2.2GHz MacBook two weeks ago and I'm double-plus pleased with it. I upgraded it to 4GB of RAM right away and its been great. I can keep tons of apps open for instant response and haven't yet dipped into hard drive swap space.

Forum Links
Forum Rules