Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > My folder in the dock- pointing to the wrong hardrive

My folder in the dock- pointing to the wrong hardrive
jeff k
Mac Elite
Sep 3, 2011, 08:05 PM

I have a few key folders in my dock. Every few months i discover they may be pointing to the backup clone of the drive they are tied to.

This drives me crazy, and I don't know what to do.
I Love being able to access stuff quickly from the dock, but this just keep happening every few months.

I click a folder called, Jeffs images from the dock, which originate at Main Hardrive and suddenly it's pointing to Backup of main hard rive. thanks.

Andy8
Mac Elite
Sep 5, 2011, 12:27 AM

Have you tried deleted the folders causing the issue from your dock and then adding them again from their original source?

Seems a bit weird if it is only happening to you sometimes.

Is your backup drive a time machine or RAID setup?

Edit: Just read your time machine thread, so I'll stick to what i first said, delete the folders from the dock and add them again from the source.
( Last edited by Andy8; Sep 5, 2011 at 12:47 AM. )

jeff k  (op)
Mac Elite
Sep 5, 2011, 01:05 PM

NO, backup folders are not with TM.

I've have removed from Dock and then put back and then it's fine, but every 6 months to year this happens and its very dangerous stuff.

Forum Links
Forum Rules