Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > VESA Wall Mount for 27" iMac?

VESA Wall Mount for 27" iMac?
Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Dec 5, 2009, 08:03 PM

I have a 27" iMac on the way and bought the adapter from Apple. I'm looking for suggestions on a good VESA wall mount that will work with the Apple VESA adapter. There is not too much information out there on people that have mounted iMacs to the wall with the Apple adapter and what wall mount they used.

I'm thinking this one will work:

Amazon.com: Sanus MT25-B1 Tilting Wall Mount for 26" to 42" Displays: Electronics

From what I understand, Apple's adapter is compatible with 100x100 VESA mounts. Anyone mounted an iMac to the wall using Apple's adapter? What VESA mount did you use?

mduell
Posting Junkie
Dec 5, 2009, 08:39 PM

What you linked to is a mount for some TVs with VESA 400x200, not VESA 100x100. You need something like
Newegg.com - Peerless SF632 Flat wall mount or Amazon.com: VideoSecu VESA 75/100 Wall Mount

Mrjinglesusa  (op)
Professional Poster
Dec 6, 2009, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by mduell View Post
What you linked to is a mount for some TVs with VESA 400x200, not VESA 100x100. You need something like
Newegg.com - Peerless SF632 Flat wall mount or Amazon.com: VideoSecu VESA 75/100 Wall Mount
I don't think that's necessarily true. The description says:

Universal mounting pattern including VESA 400 x 200 fits virtually any 26" – 42" LCD TV or monitor up to 100 lbs.
"Including", implies that it works with other patterns as well.

Thanks for the link - I'll check that one out.

Forum Links
Forum Rules