Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > That little plastic stand that comes with the Touch...?

That little plastic stand that comes with the Touch...?
::maroma::
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 26, 2007, 11:52 AM

So I noticed in some of the unboxing I've seen on the web for the iPod touch, that it comes with a little clear plastic stand where you can set it on a table and put your Touch on its side and watch movies. I'm wondering if Apple sells this separately or if someone else sells a similar thing. I really want one for my iPhone. I wish it had come with one as well.

(Or maybe I'm a dope and the Touch's don't come with that thing... someone with a Touch set me straight?)

xtal
Senior User
Sep 26, 2007, 12:13 PM

The touch does come with that stand (I saw a good photo of it in a recent review).

I'm sure there's a cell phone accessory somewhere that accomplishes the same thing. Though, I can't think of one off the top of my head.

To choose doubt as a philosophy of life is akin to choosing immobility as a means of transportation.

::maroma::  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 26, 2007, 01:12 PM

Yeah I was hoping I'd run into something like that by now, but I haven't. That's not to say I've looked everywhere. Actually, that's not to say I've looked a whole lot of places. I would've thought Apple would sell that separately to us poor iPhone users.

AC Rempt
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 26, 2007, 02:04 PM

I found this on Macintouch.com

Damon Jackson
After using my iPhone t watch TV and movies, I quickly found myself wanting a stand to hold it up. While at Michaels, I found a picture frame easel, which works great as an iPhone stand. It is adjustable to work at various viewing angles, and it folds up flat to make it easy to caarry on the road. See pictures of it here:
Flickr: Photos from hugoniot

Addicted to MacNN
Sep 26, 2007, 02:44 PM

Wow, that's not too bad. Thanks for the info AC Rempt! I guess I'm off to Michaels I guess.

Nodnarb
Mac Elite
Sep 27, 2007, 02:12 AM

Anyone got a pic of what the original one looks like with the touch?

Addicted to MacNN
Sep 27, 2007, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Nodnarb View Post
Anyone got a pic of what the original one looks like with the touch?
Check out this page:

AppleInsider | iPod Touch unpacking tour and first look (photos)

Good photos and close ups of the stand. Very minimal stand (typical Apple), which is exactly what I'm looking for. The one from Michael's will work, but its a bit bulky for my taste.

Forum Links
Forum Rules