Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Networking > Airport Extreme stopped working on 15in PB

Airport Extreme stopped working on 15in PB
kitcho
Jul 26, 2006, 10:38 PM

hi

recently my apx card has stopped showing networks altogether
i have an pcmcia card which finds the network but when i turn on my airport card it seems like it should work but shows no networks. my dad's hp laptop picks up the network from upstairs and my PB is right beside the wireless router. i have tried resetting the router among other things, such as removing my APX card and reinserting it verifying that is is inserted correctly but with no result. i can still trun my APX on, but no networks ever show up, even in close proximity. it worked flawlessly up until recently im not sure what happened. anyone who has had similar problems or who can provide insight please help.

regards

chipchen
Mac Elite
Jul 27, 2006, 06:49 AM

Make sure the antennae is all the way in... it's pretty common for that to be the reason.

ghporter
Administrator
Jul 27, 2006, 09:32 AM

Networking problems, no matter what Mac you're having them with, go in the Networking forum, NOT the forum for your computer.

And chipchen's advice is on the mark. Antenna cables seem to come out of AirPort Express cards pretty often. Look up the instructions in Apple's Knowledge Base for installing the card in your particular model of computer-that will tell you exactly how to get at it. Go through the antenna cable installation steps to ensure the cables are firmly installed, then maybe put a piece of celophane tape over the connector and onto the card to secure it. Put it all back together and odds are you've fixed your problem.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

kitcho  (op)
Jul 27, 2006, 02:22 PM

i checked the antenna connector again and made 100% sure it was firmly inserted... both the card then the antenna - it would not go in any further. is there a way i can somehow reinstall drivers? this is really frustrating considering it worked up until recently.

Forum Links
Forum Rules