Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Alternative Operating Systems > Tap to click while in Windows?

Tap to click while in Windows?
Geofries
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 29, 2009, 04:49 PM

Is there some obvious setting I'm missing? Windows runs great on my new MB but I cannot tap to click and I don't like always having to press down to click. I had this same problem on my old white MB.

Is this possible under windows? Thanks.

ibook_steve
Apr 29, 2009, 07:00 PM

Assuming you are referring to running Windows in Boot Camp, I don't think so. I'm not in it right now, but check the Boot Camp control panel to see if there's an option (I don't think there is). Maybe others have used a third-party (non-Apple) driver to make this work.

Steve
Celebrating 10 years and 4000 posts on MacNN!

TheoCryst
Mac Elite
Apr 30, 2009, 01:40 PM

Depends on the laptop. On my new MacBook Pro (unibody), there's an option to enable tap-to-click in the Boot Camp control panel. I'd assume its the same for the unibody MBs too.

Any ramblings are entirely my own, and do not represent those of my employers, coworkers, friends, or species

ghporter
Administrator
Apr 30, 2009, 06:31 PM

It would depend on the trackpad hardware and whether such functions were supported by Apple's drivers. In other words, "it depends."

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

shifuimam
Addicted to MacNN
May 1, 2009, 03:54 PM

I'm interested to know what the actual hardware is on the trackpad. If it's from Synaptics or Alps, you can download the drivers from the manufacturer's website and try those.
Sell or send me your vintage Mac things if you don't want them.

Forum Links
Forum Rules