Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > 030 PDS slot

030 PDS slot
Langdon
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 22, 2003, 06:56 AM

What is it? I was going to see what I could do with an old SE/30 that was sitting in my parent's basement from when I was little. I looked at the specifications from the knowledgebase and to get it working with an ethernet port I can put in a 030 PDS card.
I have no idea if it is differnt from the PDS slot on slightly less older Performa 405. But I have a PDS ethernet card for that I want to use. So are they the same? Or is that something that was made just for the SE computers?

bradoesch
Professional Poster
Sep 22, 2003, 10:11 AM

My understanding of PDS slots is that they are all electronically compatible with each other, but not necessarily physically compatible. I have a network card that I got with an LC II that I have put in an LC III (68020 processors in both machines), and now it's installed in a Performa 580 CD (68LC040 processor.) I wanted to put it in my Mac II FX, but it wouldn't physically fit (the jack on the back of the card wouldn't line up with the slots on the back, but the FX does have PDS slots.)

BLAZE_MkIV
Professional Poster
Sep 22, 2003, 02:41 PM

Forum Links
Forum Rules