Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Apple Store - Ginza/Tokyo

Apple Store - Ginza/Tokyo
Newfie
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 9, 2003, 09:00 PM

I hope the Japanese learn of what Apple generally thinks of them.

Countless Japanese have been terminated by Apple over the years, because of their Race -- After having to work twice as hard as White employees and having all their ideas stolen.

They typically get transferred to an Asian manager and have fraudulent paper trails made over the next few months, to screw them over before they get terminated.

The few that remain earn a fraction of what White Apple employees get paid.

Another reason to by shoddy Apple products.

riverfreak
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 9, 2003, 09:06 PM

Originally posted by Newfie:

Countless Japanese have been terminated by Apple over the years, because of their Race -- After having to work twice as hard as White employees and having all their ideas stolen.

They typically get transferred to an Asian manager and have fraudulent paper trails made over the next few months, to screw them over before they get terminated.

source? How did apple force these countless japanese to work "twice as hard" as white employees? This is about the dumbest thing I've read today.

Newfie  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 9, 2003, 09:07 PM

Of course it is.

And so are you.

sideus
Mac Elite
Nov 9, 2003, 09:17 PM

Not you again. Posts with no sources.

IBTL!

wdlove
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 9, 2003, 09:36 PM

I don't believe the sincerity of this claim. Apple values all of its employees.

"Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense." Winston Churchill

wataru
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 9, 2003, 09:43 PM

Oh boy. More accusations. Still no sources. Give us one reason to believe you. Please.

Apple has excellent Japanese language support. Often Japanese is the only non-English language available for Apple's lesser apps (like Project Builder and Xcode) or services (like .mac webmail). And despite all that we should believe you?

Kenneth
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 9, 2003, 10:59 PM

Apple takes good care of the Japanese and Chinese... I hope Apple open a store in Hong Kong or somewhere in China/Taiwan.

rjenkinson
Professional Poster
Nov 10, 2003, 04:03 AM

-r.

willed
Professional Poster
Nov 10, 2003, 04:13 AM

Originally posted by rjenkinson:

-r.
Awesome Now that this point has been made, I think this thread should be locked.

DBursey
Professional Poster
Nov 10, 2003, 08:36 AM

rj et all, this one's no Newfie. Don't know the significance of the sig, but my island does not export its trash.

DekuDekuplex
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 10, 2003, 04:11 PM

Originally posted by Newfie:

Hmm, although I don't know about the veracity of this claim, I did find it strange that a certain Japanese-American person whom I know well was at first refused admission to the original announcement event for the new iPod back in May at the Apple Store SoHo.

It was raining on that day, and after having stood outside in line in the rain for about a half-hour, a contract security clerk working at the store told him to stand aside outside the store and wait.

He waited and waited. During this time, he repeatedly asked the security guards and the store employees why he was being made to wait, but every person he asked just told him to keep waiting. In the meantime, everybody in line who had originally been behind him entered the store before he could. After about twenty minutes, he was finally allowed in.

When he asked the store manager why he had been made to wait, the manager apologized and said that it had been a case of "mistaken identity."

I happened to be there at the time, and saw it all happen with my own eyes.

It's all so strange because this all happened just after he had purchased a 17-inch [Rev. A] PowerBook G4 (although not from that particular store).

--DekuDekuplex
PowerBook® 17-inch [Rev. A] @ 1 GHz
512 MB RAM, 60 GB HD, AEBS, APP/PB
"Furuike ya, kawazu tobikomu mizu no oto."
-- Matsuo Basho

Forum Links
Forum Rules