Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Classic and permissions

Classic and permissions
GFitzy
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 16, 2002, 07:12 PM

Is there a way to allow non admin users access to Classic Apps but still restrict their access to other apps? Made the unfortunate discovery today that even setting the permissions for the System Folder (where Classic lives) to read / write for Others and the same for the folder where the Classic app lives didn't allow the non admin account access to the app. Only when I checked off the "Use only these applications" check box in the user's Capabilities window could I grant permission for that user to run the Classic app. A search of Apple knowledgebase confirms this but I can't believe you lose the ability to regulate the non admin user just to allow Classic to run. OS-10.2.2 G4 PowerBook.

Forum Links
Forum Rules