Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Protective case for 5g iPod video...

Protective case for 5g iPod video...
Heavy Fluid
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 16, 2005, 09:45 PM

I have a black iPod video, and it is an absolutely beautiful piece of equipment. The only problem is, to keep it nice, you have to keep it protected.

Who can show me the best silicone/metal casing for it? "Decal" skins are out of the question.

Links or pictures are appreciated. Thanks.
In a barrier free world, who needs Windows™ and Gates?

angelmb
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 17, 2005, 08:03 AM

I would like to hear about this since the options at my country's Apple Store are very limited.

jersey
Senior User
Dec 17, 2005, 10:00 AM

Why silicone or metal?

I'm all about these, if they ever ship the damn things. They have moved the ship date back multiple times.

Until that arrives I ordered this. Not as nice, but it'll get the job done for a while.

Heavy Fluid  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 17, 2005, 11:57 AM

I have seen the Speck product before, but was concerned about the shipping. Apparently, that is an issue.

Now, on the second item you listed, I like that one a lot. Is the neck lanyard removable?
In a barrier free world, who needs Windows™ and Gates?

jersey
Senior User
Dec 17, 2005, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Heavy Fluid

Now, on the second item you listed, I like that one a lot. Is the neck lanyard removable?
Not too sure ... yet. Mine was supposed to be here today, but never arrived. Maybe Monday. I'll give a full report after it shows up.

jmault
Forum Regular
Dec 18, 2005, 11:49 PM

I have been looking everywhere and since I am a new member here I figured I would ask you all. My brother is quite the trendy individual and I want to get him an ipod video 30GB case that is extremely practical but yet has a designer lable. Do you know where I could find an ipod specific (he wants to be able to see the screen or just be able to open a flap and be able to access the screen because I have been finding a lot of ipod/cell phone case that are not ipod specific) case that has a designer lable? If not, how about a nice leather, maybe exotic something like crocodile skin, ipod specific case? Appreciate any help.
jmault

IFLY2HIGH
Senior User
Dec 19, 2005, 01:25 PM

Even though the new iPod has been out now for a little bit, companies are still having to change their manufacturing processes to adapt to the new iPod's changes. While not signifficant, it requires changes to their existing products and things are going a bit slow right now. I'm still waiting for that perfect case that I havn't found, but in the mean time check into the Invisible Shield, or the new Power Support Films. I have the Invisable Shield film and it does it's job in protecting the surfaces. I will how ever transfer over to the Power Support Shield since it's a bit easier to apply. It doesn't include any roll over edges like the Invisible Shield does, and this will make it apply so much easier. I had a hard time getting the Invisible Shield to apply I ended up having to excato the roll overs off to get it to finially fit smoothly.
- Eric

jersey
Senior User
Dec 19, 2005, 03:33 PM

...Now, on the second item you listed, I like that one a lot. Is the neck lanyard removable?
It showed up about 20 minutes ago. First impression, not too bad for an $18 dollar case. It has 2 locks to keep it closed. Access to the wheel, headphone and usb2 jacks. It's nice and clear too. The only issues I have found is that you cant get to the hold button without opening it up, and it's a little bulky.

The lanyard is not removable. But it's just a piece of sting, so i'll cut it off.

thepodernator
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 19, 2005, 03:47 PM

I have a black iPod video, and it is an absolutely beautiful piece of equipment. The only problem is, to keep it nice, you have to keep it protected.

Who can show me the best silicone/metal casing for it? "Decal" skins are out of the question.

Links or pictures are appreciated. Thanks.
These guys have a good one for the 4g and they sy the video is coming out soon.

www.ishok.com

quiklee
Senior User
Dec 19, 2005, 04:07 PM

I just got my iSkin from the UPS guy and put it on . . . it seems like it's a pretty good case so far . . . . i just notieced that ilounge.com did a review on it . . . good luck!
I am part of Lakers Nation and love to buy Used Golf Clubs

Charlie 5
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 20, 2005, 06:38 AM

I have the PDair aluminium case in silver for my white iPod video. I've always had Armour cases and they're fantastic. This is even better because you don't need to open anything to view the screen or access the wheel.

http://www.pdair.com/scripts/main/vi...2243&pdaid=196

Railroader
Banned
Dec 20, 2005, 06:59 AM

I like my Agent 18 case. Well designed. Tight fitting. Protects well.

It doesn't protect the screen or the wheel though. I use some 3M protective film for that.

ididdy
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 22, 2005, 12:17 PM

For those of you who haven't been to our web site, please checkout the cases and covers at www.ididdy.com or visit our booth at Macworld. We have covers and cases for many different tastes. You may find one you like.

wingchuner
Forum Regular
Dec 24, 2005, 12:29 AM

http://www.xtrememac.com

sweet ass clear hard case.
Yesterday is History,
Tomorrow's a Mystery,
Today is a Gift...
Which is why it is called the Present.
AIM- klovesrae

EFFENDI
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 26, 2005, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by ididdy
For those of you who haven't been to our web site, please checkout the cases and covers at www.ididdy.com or visit our booth at Macworld. We have covers and cases for many different tastes. You may find one you like.
IF only the website didn't look so bad....

jaydon34
Senior User
Dec 26, 2005, 04:49 PM

Id check www.ilounge.com they have info about everything ipod related.... But I have this case http://images.belkin.com/F8Z068/FUL1_F8Z068.jpg and its okay for now. Cost me 23 bucks at walmart better than nothing.
myflickr : mytwitter : twentyonethirty
17" Macbook Pro 2.6Ghz 4gb 200GB HD: 8gb Iphone 3g: Hp Mini 1000 Netbook

Forum Links
Forum Rules