Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > DVD player

DVD player
Apple_John
Forum Regular
Oct 9, 2000, 09:45 PM

I am using 2.2.1 dvd player w/ os9.0.4. There is only audio playing when I press play, no video at all. I then press command+option+p. Err msg (type 2 err) everytime and sometime the mac just frozen.

Pls help, just rented 2 dvd from BlockBuster.

Johnn

reader50
Administrator
Oct 9, 2000, 11:00 PM

Go to your System Folder -> Preferences folder. Trash the "Apple DVD Player Prefs" file. Then go to the Apple Menu -> Control Panels -> Extensions Manager. At the top there is a popup menu labeled "Selected Set". Pop it up and choose "Mac OS 9.0.4 All". Then reboot.

Trashing the preference files of suspect applications is a good way to fix many problems. Also, using the Extensions Manager to turn off 3rd party extensions (drivers etc) is another way to track down conflicts. By selecting "Mac OS 9.0.4 All" you have just turned off all 3rd party extensions, leaving just the Apple-supplied stuff.

Forum Links
Forum Rules