Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > 4 weeks????

4 weeks????
babajazz
Forum Regular
Sep 26, 2003, 12:36 PM

I just ordered the 15 inch 1.25, 1 gig ram, and 80 gig harddrive (ordered sep 26'th - 9 am). I qualify for the educational discount so I got the ipod and the printer as well.
The order tracking number however says that the machine wont ship for another 3 weeks. Is it so apple can cover their asses if things are late?
I paid for the expedited shipping by the way!
Any words as to how long they actually take to ship the powerbook? thx.

machem
Forum Regular
Sep 26, 2003, 12:37 PM

Originally posted by babajazz:
I just ordered the 15 inch 1.25, 1 gig ram, and 80 gig harddrive (ordered sep 26'th - 9 am). I qualify for the educational discount so I got the ipod and the printer as well.
The order tracking number however says that the machine wont ship for another 3 weeks. Is it so apple can cover their asses if things are late?
I paid for the expedited shipping by the way!
Any words as to how long they actually take to ship the powerbook? thx.
Cancel that order, change it to 1x512M or 2x256M RAM. Your shipping date will be 3-5 days.

See a similar thread on this subject from last night (search for my name if you want).

pantalaimon
Forum Regular
Sep 26, 2003, 01:00 PM

did you order it with superdrive? I've gone for the combo and my estimated build time is 10-15 days.
1.33GHz G4 iBook 12"

babajazz  (op)
Forum Regular
Sep 26, 2003, 01:25 PM

no. I got the combo drive. Strange, the apple site now says oct 11'th for the powerbook. Ordered on sep 26'th and the expected date for shipping is 11'th of october...not too bad I guess. I'm in ontario canada btw.

ae86_16v
Mac Elite
Sep 26, 2003, 02:34 PM

Yeah, custom orders definitely take longer. And it might be the fact that your machine will have to go through Customs.

Forum Links
Forum Rules