Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > AppleTV Blinking after update

AppleTV Blinking after update
markw10
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 25, 2012, 06:53 PM

I was excited to read about the new Apple TV software update last night so quickly went to do the update. I've done many and never had a problem until this time.
I started the update and the last time I looked at it the download had around 1 minute left. When I went back about a half our later I simply saw the Apple TV's lighting blinking at a quick pace. I don't get any sound or video at all.
The model that I have is the most recent Apple TV. When doing some Google research I found similar problems but people talked about plugging it in via USB to your computer and syncing with iTunes but I believe that's for the older model. I figured there must be some type of hardware reset but I don't see anything like this.
is there some way to get it to work again such as by doing a hardware reset or do I have to go to the Genius Bar?

Thanks,

Mark

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Sep 25, 2012, 07:13 PM

Try this
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4367

Forum Links
Forum Rules