Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Military Mailing Address

Military Mailing Address
Eric E.
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 11, 2003, 11:33 PM

The last time I checked (late last year), the Online Apple Store does not deliver to U.S. Military Addresses overseas (mine ends in FPO AP). I currently live & work in Yokosuka, Japan, and I would like to get an copy of the OS 10.2.5 Update CD. Does anyone know of an authorized online reseller who sells the CD?

Thanks.

Eric

tr
Mac Elite
Apr 12, 2003, 12:19 AM

Originally posted by Eric E.:
The last time I checked (late last year), the Online Apple Store does not deliver to U.S. Military Addresses overseas (mine ends in FPO AP). I currently live & work in Yokosuka, Japan, and I would like to get an copy of the OS 10.2.5 Update CD. Does anyone know of an authorized online reseller who sells the CD?

Thanks.

Eric
yeah, that sucks they don't ship there. my sister is stationed in osan, s. korea. i've been dl'ing all the X updates and stuff, and just burning them to CD, and sending them to her (she's got unreliable dial-up over there).

don't think anyone would sell that update cd besides apple. maybe you could just get someone to dl the update, burn it and send it to you. hell, i'd even be willing to do this if you don't know any one else who would.

tr

brachiator
Mac Elite
Apr 12, 2003, 05:45 PM

Yeah, I second what tr said and offered. Additionally, if for some reason you absolutely must have the official cd, email me and I'll order it and ship to your FPO upon arrival.

TheMosco
Mac Elite
Apr 12, 2003, 06:30 PM

Are there any stores that sell apple products there? could you just go in to one of them with a blank cd, download the update, and then burn it on the floor computers?

[edit for spelling]
( Last edited by TheMosco; Apr 12, 2003 at 10:59 PM. )

moonmonkey
Professional Poster
Apr 12, 2003, 08:03 PM

Thanks.

Eric

There is a reseller list on the Applestore, it is stupid, the Applecentre Hong Kong wont deliver to China, so Im forced to buy stuff from unauthorised resellers.

Eric E.  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 12, 2003, 10:33 PM

My 466 Digital Audio is chugging along reliably on 10.2.3. I don't NEED the 10.2.5 upgrade CD, although it would be NICE to have. To tr & brachiator, thank you very much for the offers. I'll simply have my sister in NJ purchase it for me either online or from a nearby Apple Store. It's obviously nowhere near the end of the world for me, but simply quite a hassle.

TheMosco, thank you for the idea, but I'll try doing the whole combo download to my computer hooked up to a dial-up connection. The last time I did it (for the 10.2.3 combo update), the whole download took around 5-6 hours, another hassle. There are at least 2 Apple Resellers that I can approach here in Yokosuka, but my Kanji is perhaps just as bad as the vendors' English.

If anyone is wondering, MacFixit.com has mentioned that incremental updates to OS X (10.2.3 to 10.2.4, 10.2.4 to 10.2.5, etc.) can cause problems to a system, which is why I would like to get my hands on the full combo update.

Eric

Eric E.  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 12, 2003, 10:40 PM

Hey moonmonkey - our ship was in Shanghai 2 years ago for a port visit, and stayed there for 3 days. We left just 1 week before the spyplane collision/incident. The city was quite a fascinating place to visit.

Eric

moonmonkey
Professional Poster
Apr 12, 2003, 11:52 PM

Hey moonmonkey - our ship was in Shanghai 2 years ago for a port visit, and stayed there for 3 days. We left just 1 week before the spyplane collision/incident. The city was quite a fascinating place to visit.

Eric
yes, its a mad place to live, you can get a beer for 5cents and people eat donkey intestines.

Forum Links
Forum Rules