Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > It's here!!

It's here!!
stephanielamb
Jun 22, 2005, 10:33 AM

Hey, I needed to tell someone.
My 15" 1.67 PB just arrived here at the office, and I got it out for a few moments to admire. No one else seemed to understand the excitement! "Oh, it must be an Apple.." (noticing the Apple light on the front) "Oh, you have a new computer. Well that's nice."

Much experimentation and admiration to come later..oh if 5 o'clock would just hurry up and get here!!!

jamil5454
Mac Elite
Jun 22, 2005, 10:43 AM

Congrats.

Zoth
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 22, 2005, 12:28 PM

I can understand your excitement, as mine is supposed to arrive tomorrow afternoon sometime.. I cannot wait!!.. It'll be the first Mac i've used.

d.fine
Mac Elite
Jun 22, 2005, 12:46 PM

Congrats !! Exciting times. I wish I could open a brand new Mac every morning, just for the awesome feeling.

Don't forget to post some pics of the unpacking/setup in the PB Picture Thread.

Enjoy

stuffing feathers up your b*tt doesn't make you a chicken.

PoisonedFate
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 23, 2005, 06:49 PM

lol cpngrats
ENJOY it

sadpandas
Forum Regular
Jun 24, 2005, 11:12 PM

Congrats, don't let those sour bastards get ya down. They are just jealous and also sad they have to continue to work in windows. Garbage. I have the exact model as you do i believe and even though its 3months old it still feels and looks sensual... sensual i say!
*Dual 2.8 quad core Mac Pro, 512 8800 GT, 1tb boot, 500gb audio, 340gb video, 6gb ram
*15"pb*1.67*128vm*100hd*2g ram*
*PMac*Dual 2.0GHz* 4g ram*
*3.0 p4 630* gigabyte848p775* radeon X800 Pro 256* 2g ram*

iluvmymactoo
Forum Regular
Jun 24, 2005, 11:28 PM

The reason why window$ users don't get excited is because their computer experience is always anticlimactic, let's face it do you get excited when you open a can of beans?

Congrats on your new PowerBook they're beautiful aren't they.
PowerBook 12" Combo 1.5Ghz 1.25GB Ram 100GB HDD - Yep it's PPC! I'll wait for the 3rd generation MacTel when they're at their best :)

stephanielamb  (op)
Jun 24, 2005, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by iluvmymactoo
The reason why window$ users don't get excited is because their computer experience is always anticlimactic, let's face it do you get excited when you open a can of beans?

Congrats on your new PowerBook they're beautiful aren't they.

It's a lovely computer, I must say. This is actually my second G4 PB. The first was a 1.25ghz, with no upgrades in particular, I didn't know enough about Macs to know what to get. I was just like 'oooh shiny. mine'

This one's treating me well so far. Sorta. I need to do a reinstall; something just isn't...right.
But then it's getting more RAM, a keyboard protector, wrist rugs, and a lovely new case from EBags.

Silly spoiled Powerbook. Sort of like my roommate and her Pomeranian.

bbales
Mac Elite
Jun 25, 2005, 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by stephanielamb
It's a lovely computer, I must say. This is actually my second G4 PB. The first was a 1.25ghz, with no upgrades in particular, I didn't know enough about Macs to know what to get. I was just like 'oooh shiny. mine'

This one's treating me well so far. Sorta. I need to do a reinstall; something just isn't...right.
But then it's getting more RAM, a keyboard protector, wrist rugs, and a lovely new case from EBags.

Silly spoiled Powerbook. Sort of like my roommate and her Pomeranian.

What do you mean, it's not "right?" what exactly is working properly. That's too bad! You like for everything to be perfect right out of the box.

Hope everything is fine in the a.m.
And congrats. Getting a new Apple is just ... fabulous.

Link
Professional Poster
Jun 25, 2005, 12:11 AM

Hehe, spoiled PB... mine didn't get fancy addons, the 512 ram should be enough for now and I have dry skin so I'm not worried about wrist rugs or any of that, [plus it'd likely set off skin allergies -- why I can't really wear watches ] ... but I did get it a REALLY nice puffy case

Congrats on your PB
Aloha

B Gallagher
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 25, 2005, 01:18 AM

Congrats! Could you post a link for the wrist rugs and keyboard protector - I'll need to pick myself up some sometime.
MBP 15" C2D 2.2GHz 4.0GB 500GB@5400
iPhone 4 32GB Black

stephanielamb  (op)
Jun 25, 2005, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by B Gallagher
Congrats! Could you post a link for the wrist rugs and keyboard protector - I'll need to pick myself up some sometime.

Let's see... I actually picked up an iSkin (same people that do the iPod covers) keyboard protector. I just bought it off Ebay, they run around $15 there.

The wrist rugs, I ordered here: http://www.powersupportusa.com/produ...hp?category=pb
I'm still waiting for them to come in the mail though. That site delivers slow compared to where I bought all my other accessories!

stephanielamb  (op)
Jun 25, 2005, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by bbales
What do you mean, it's not "right?" what exactly is working properly. That's too bad! You like for everything to be perfect right out of the box.

Hope everything is fine in the a.m.
And congrats. Getting a new Apple is just ... fabulous.

Some perfectly good software isn't running or is crashing on here, though other people with Tiger are telling me it works fine.
Easier to reinstall now while I don't have much on here!

Forum Links
Forum Rules