Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Hooking up Dell 2001FP to both computer & playstation-is there an easy way to do it?

Hooking up Dell 2001FP to both computer & playstation-is there an easy way to do it?
Walker
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 10, 2006, 09:11 AM

I'm considering purchasing a Dell 2001FP and using it with both a computer & playstation (the Dell has composite video for the playstation). Do I need to purchase some type of switch in order to go back & forth between the computer & playstation or is there a built-in switch on the monitor itself? I hope I won't need to power down the computer each time I want to switch to the playstation.

Thanks,

lw

ben.mcguire
Feb 10, 2006, 09:20 AM

there is an input selection button on the front of the screen.

CyberDave
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 13, 2006, 06:58 AM

I'm staring at two of these monitors right now (sadly hooked up to my PC instead of my G4, but that's another story).

The Dell 2001FP has S-Video, Composite Video, DVI-D, and VGA (RGB) inputs. There's a button on the front to cycle through all four inputs. It can also do picture-in-picture with one computer input and one video input (e.g., DVI and S-Video, but not DVI and RGB).

Forum Links
Forum Rules