Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Mail "Entire Message" search behaving weird

Mail "Entire Message" search behaving weird
jszrules
Senior User
Nov 17, 2007, 09:20 PM

Hi, I am running 10.4.11. I entered an email address in Mail's search field using "All Mailboxes" and "Entire Message" and it worked fine. Then I clicked out of the search, did some other stuff. MINUTES LATER, I ran the exact same search again, and only about half of the messages that appeared before were included in the results. Other things I've noticed...

- Using "From" and "To" and "Subject" work totally fine. This only happens on certain messages when using "Entire Message"
- When I look manually for a message that I know is missing from the search, and then open it, I notice that the message reappears in the "Entire Message" search, but only that one that I've opened.

Any help anyone can provide is appreciated. Thanks.
( Last edited by jszrules; Nov 17, 2007 at 09:27 PM. )

jszrules  (op)
Senior User
Nov 18, 2007, 12:00 PM

Maybe it will help if I explain it in another way...

It seems that every message I viewed between a certain time period (say, 4:30-6:00pm yesterday) is no longer appearing in "Entire Message" searches. They do still appear in other types of searches.

Any suggestions?

Forum Links
Forum Rules