Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > iPod: Uneven sound out of the dock connector

iPod: Uneven sound out of the dock connector
in the flesh?
Forum Regular
Dec 8, 2007, 08:44 PM

I have a Blitzsafe ipod adapter that allows me to connect my iPod to my stereo through the dock connector. On my 30gb ipod video the sound on the right channel is noticeably lower than the left. The radio, cd player, and my older ipod all play the sound evenly, so I assume it has to be my iPod video. The sound out of the headphones plays evenly. Also when switching between songs I hear a high pitched spinning noise come out of the right channel. I have updated the ipod and have also reset it with no resolution. Does anyone have any ideas?

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Dec 8, 2007, 08:56 PM

Try a different adapter if you can. I've always been wary of no-name brands that use the Dock connector.

Forum Links
Forum Rules