Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Where to buy ram for my new ibook?

Where to buy ram for my new ibook?
Duo
Forum Regular
May 24, 2001, 11:36 PM

What is the best place to buy ram, I would lik to get a 256meg. chip?

Duo

Bugs Bunny
Grizzled Veteran
May 24, 2001, 11:43 PM

Try Here, as well as Here

DamnDJ
Mac Enthusiast
May 25, 2001, 12:01 AM

I personally like www.crucial.com - Their memory may be a tad more expensive, but the quality is excellent. Plus they have a nice way to select your machine and model so you know you're getting the right memory.

DDJ

klee6150
Forum Regular
May 25, 2001, 12:12 AM

Have always had great service and products from Other World Computing (macsales.com). Great prices and a guarantee!!!

Karen

neophilia
Forum Regular
May 25, 2001, 01:14 AM

My favorite:
http://www.datamem.com/

Hyper nice people, lifetime warranty, pre-tested, great prices, and very good quality RAM.

-peter

geri
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 25, 2001, 01:16 AM

I'd definately go with www.memorytogo.com. Here is a link to a 256 Meg block for only 69 dollars. Quite a deal.
http://memorytogo.com/?u=5A6B39D17E3...d=CAP171-256MB

BTW, they are extremely efficient, reliable, and fast. I'm sure you'll have a good experience with them as I have many times.

pfm
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 25, 2001, 03:43 AM

yes, memorytogo.com is highly recommended. I have bought literally gigs of ram from them in the last year and all have worked wonderfully, never a problem (not even the firmware update phased the ram). sometimes people talk smack about them, but i think they are just pissed at paying too much for their ram. just got a 256 for my iBook and it got here in less than 24 hours and i am rocking it right now.

pfm

PeteWK
Grizzled Veteran
May 25, 2001, 04:44 AM

I contacted OWC, whom I've used many times with great success, and they informed me that the new 512 chip will be soon coming and promised they would email me as soon as it appears. They also said that their 320 dollar chip sold for the Ti PB didn't fit in the new iBook so I would have to wait. As for the 256 chip, it runs about 85 dollars and will work with the new software updates. I just installed one two days ago.

PeteWK

Forum Links
Forum Rules