Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Still Waiting for this in OSX

Still Waiting for this in OSX (Page 2)
AKcrab
Moderator Emeritus
Nov 20, 2004, 06:55 PM

Originally posted by JKT:
You did? Why didn't you just change the preferences to burn a data CD in iTunes? Admittedly, having this setting in the preferences is a bit daft - you should be asked the format you want when you click the burn button, but hopefully iTunes will see improvement wrt this in newer versions
Whoops. I was actually talking about iPhoto.
Where is the "i'm an idiot smiley?"

Cadaver
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 22, 2004, 12:01 PM

Originally posted by macintologist:
Yea exactly copying CDs and doing all that general stuff.

"[insert my name here], how do I copy this presentation CD my dad gave me?"

"uhh, well, first you have to go to disk utility to make a duplicate disk image.."

bla bla bla.

It's a real pain in the ass explaining it..and the onus is on me because I convinced them to switch to Mac and I want them to have the best possible experience so that they tell people how great it was to switch and thus more people switch, thus increasing Apple's base, thus making life better for all Mac users.

I always see things as the big picture
And how would you do this in Windows? AFAIK, there is no way to duplicate a disk bit-for-bit in Windows without a 3rd party application.

Cadaver
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 22, 2004, 12:07 PM

Originally posted by cla:
Actually, both of my brothers uses MSN. And by the way, I don't know one single person in the world (except for Steve Jobs, for I have seen it) that uses iChat. I'm about to switch (back) and it really bugs me that I have to install an MSN client in order to keep up with people.
I use iChat to communicate with all my AIM using friends/family. Works great. Apple and AOL have worked together to make iChat a completely compatible AIM client.

And for people using MSN, then I'd have to use Microsoft's MSN client. Why is that such a big deal? Why should Apple be expected to write a client for Microsoft's network? The MSN client written by Microsoft works fine, AFAIK. Its a free download and it comes with Microsoft Office (and the version supplied with Office doesn't display advertising). If you want a better MSN client, write Microsoft, not Apple.

CubeWannaB
Forum Regular
Nov 22, 2004, 12:25 PM

Originally posted by cpac:
As long as it's one of the ways, why should you care?
Limiting affordance is a basic tenant of usability.

- - e r i k - -
Posting Junkie
Nov 23, 2004, 11:15 PM

Originally posted by CubeWannaB:
Limiting affordance is a basic tenant of usability.
And real usability is about balance. Throwing 15 years of a legacy way of doing things that millions of users are used to is not always an option.

[ fb ] [ flickr ] [] [scl] [ last ] [ plaxo ]

Forum Links
Forum Rules