Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > My New Baby - Honda Ridgeline

My New Baby - Honda Ridgeline
MacosNerd
Professional Poster
Sep 9, 2007, 03:09 PM

I had posted another thread asking about the Honda Ridgeline.

Well after getting a great deal on my trade-in, and getting them down to a little above 4% over invoice I took the truck

I picked it up earlier this week and this is the first chance I was able to snap a photo of it. The beast rides great, plenty of pickup. The cabin is roomy and comfortable.

The only thing is lacking is the tonneau cover. They want 1600 bucks for a hard tonneau cover Yikes that's pricey. I know I can get another one cheaper somewhere else. So far, I've not been impressed with what I've found but I'll keep looking. The cover will be useful so we can use the truck on vacations and put out luggage in the back.

Dakarʒ
Professional Poster
Sep 9, 2007, 03:11 PM

Congratulations. Looks nice.

abbaZaba
Mac Elite
Sep 9, 2007, 03:30 PM

I always liked how the ridgeline looked

MacosNerd  (op)
Professional Poster
Sep 9, 2007, 03:38 PM

Thanks,

It is a sharp looking truck.

As with a lot of car/truck buyers I wasn't really serious when I went to the dealership but after test driving it, and having the exact model and color in stock I was hooked. I don't see too many black Ridgelines and this was the only black one they had on the lot. Coincidence or not, this black one had the towing package and it wasn't the highest end model, i.e., the most expensive - basically it exactly what features I wanted and none of the other features I didn't want to pay for.

Still it was expensive but for what it offers in resale, comfort and features I think it was worth it.

This new owner glow will wear off in three weeks when I get my first car payment however

IceEnclosure
Moderator Emeritus
Sep 9, 2007, 03:43 PM

Roll n' Lock is like $1000 for your truck.

this is nice also:
ReTrax Retractable Tonneau Truck Bed Cover
( Last edited by IceEnclosure; Sep 9, 2007 at 03:53 PM. )
ice

TheoCryst
Mac Elite
Sep 9, 2007, 04:01 PM

Nice truck. I'm quite happy with my shiny new Chevy Cobalt though. I should get my hands on a digital camera and show her off.

Any ramblings are entirely my own, and do not represent those of my employers, coworkers, friends, or species

dowNNshift
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 9, 2007, 04:03 PM

Congrats -- I'm a big Honda fan myself. Very versatile and you got a great price... not to mention it'll retain a great resale.

You might want to check out some of the dealerships that sell accessories online, like College Hills Honda in Ohio. I've purchased genuine Honda accessories for my Hondas from them in the past for MUCH less than MSRP. Their website: Genuine Honda Accessories, News, and Information from College Hills Honda

irunat2am
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 9, 2007, 04:18 PM

That looks really nice! I haven't seen one of those, yet.
24" iMac 2.16GHz c2d ~ 3G ram ~ 250G ~ Superdrive ~ Pure Sexiness
15" Powerbook G4 ~ 1.5GHz ~ 1.5G ram ~ 160G ~ Combo

stevesnj
Mac Elite
Sep 9, 2007, 05:29 PM

I think Honda makes a great reliable vehicle but to me this thing is ugly as sin....It's just my opinion and hope you do have good luck with it
MacBook Pro 15" i7 ~ Snow Leopard ~ iPhone 4 - 16Gb

MacosNerd  (op)
Professional Poster
Sep 9, 2007, 05:36 PM

I've been searching the net for either the honda tonneau cover or one that will work with the honda (and look nice).

zerostar
Mac Elite
Sep 9, 2007, 06:06 PM

Looking good, black is usually meh but for a truck I don't think any other color would do.

Mastrap
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 9, 2007, 06:36 PM

Honda builds good cars. Not to my taste, most of them, but you can't fault them for quality. How does it do on fuel?

OldManMac
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 9, 2007, 09:06 PM

Congrats. It looks really nice in black! IMO, it's hard to beat a black vehicle for looks when it's clean and shiny!
Why is there always money for war, but none for education?

irunat2am
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 9, 2007, 09:27 PM

I'm assuming those are legs at the top of the steps in the reflection? Trying to find out where you took this from STAIRS IT IS!
24" iMac 2.16GHz c2d ~ 3G ram ~ 250G ~ Superdrive ~ Pure Sexiness
15" Powerbook G4 ~ 1.5GHz ~ 1.5G ram ~ 160G ~ Combo

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Sep 9, 2007, 09:30 PM

That will be great for you! Although black is a pain in the butt to keep clean, especially on a truck. It matches the grey wheels really well though.

sideus
Mac Elite
Sep 9, 2007, 11:37 PM

F-150 Ftw!!1!

Sijmen
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 10, 2007, 12:51 AM

It looks plasticky, like they wanted to camouflage something.... I don't like anything larger than a sedan, I guess that's because over here anything larger is completely useless(except from a certain compensating point of view).
Apple Powerbook 17" 1,67 GHz, 2 gig RAM, 100 gig HDD, ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 128MB, Superdrive 8X

Rev-O
Mac Elite
Sep 10, 2007, 02:20 AM

Nice looking Ridge! You'll be very happy with it!
Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

IceEnclosure
Moderator Emeritus
Sep 10, 2007, 04:07 AM

Originally Posted by irunat2am View Post
That looks really nice! I haven't seen one of those, yet.
are you kidding?

They've been on every street in America for like a year.
ice

IceEnclosure
Moderator Emeritus
Sep 10, 2007, 04:08 AM

Originally Posted by MacosNerd View Post
I've been searching the net for either the honda tonneau cover or one that will work with the honda (and look nice).
didn't see my post up there?

also, http://ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/
ice

Kevin
Baninated
Sep 10, 2007, 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by IceEnclosure View Post
are you kidding?

They've been on every street in America for like a year.
He's probably seen them, but they don't really "stick out" so he doesn't notice them.

MacosNerd  (op)
Professional Poster
Sep 10, 2007, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by IceEnclosure View Post
Yup I did thanks.

That owners club link work out awesome.

Edit:
They had a long thread about tonneau covers. Took me most of the morning to read through it but it had some great info on the OEM cover, and others.
( Last edited by MacosNerd; Sep 10, 2007 at 09:58 AM. Reason: additional info)

StrongBadinator
Baninated
Sep 10, 2007, 12:38 PM

Nice, congrats, it's one of the most innovative trucks out there. In fact, it IS the most innovative truck out there. I think it has everything going for it. The only thing that one could complain about is that it can't compete in the small dick contest of towing abilities. "OH yeah JimBob, mah Chevy can pull 15,000lbs widout a sweat!" "OH yeaH?! Well my Ford SuperDuty F269 can pull 20,000 lbs!"

"HEY! Do either of you ever pull that much, ever?"

"No, but I CAN! Faggut! You aren't Amerikaan!"

Ugh.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Sep 10, 2007, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by StrongBadinator View Post
Nice, congrats, it's one of the most innovative trucks out there. In fact, it IS the most innovative truck out there. I think it has everything going for it. The only thing that one could complain about is that it can't compete in the small dick contest of towing abilities. "OH yeah JimBob, mah Chevy can pull 15,000lbs widout a sweat!" "OH yeaH?! Well my Ford SuperDuty F269 can pull 20,000 lbs!"

Ugh.
LAWL, tis true.

-t

mindwaves
Sep 10, 2007, 01:00 PM

I saw an identical looking black Ridegeline in the parking structure at work this afternoon. Do you live in Riverside County? (I ask because Ridgelines are not too popular here especially in black.)

MacosNerd  (op)
Professional Poster
Sep 10, 2007, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by StrongBadinator View Post

Ugh.
What the heck was that???

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Sep 10, 2007, 01:10 PM

MacosNerd, meet Rob / Cash.

-t

MacosNerd  (op)
Professional Poster
Sep 10, 2007, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by mindwaves View Post
I saw an identical looking black Ridegeline in the parking structure at work this afternoon. Do you live in Riverside County? (I ask because Ridgelines are not too popular here especially in black.)
Not knowing where Riverside county is, I can safely say it wasn't me.

I don't see too many black Ridgelines either. Black cars (and trucks) look classy and so when I saw this baby sitting there in a sea of white and silver Ridgelines on the dealer's lot I knew I wanted it.
( Last edited by MacosNerd; Sep 10, 2007 at 01:48 PM. )

seanc
Moderator Emeritus
Sep 10, 2007, 01:14 PM

Rob, I think.

passmaster16
Senior User
Sep 10, 2007, 05:15 PM

Nice truck. I've always liked the versatility of the Ridgeline. As for accessories, you might want to talk to Joe over at Ganley Honda Ganley Honda Accessory Superstore He is the OEM supplier for v6performance.net I've found him to be very competitive with the likes of College Hills, H&A, etc. You can request a price quote in the OEM forum at GANLEY HONDA - V6P OFFICIAL OEM SUPPLIER - V6 Performance.net Forums I ordered an HFP suspension from him and he was very easy to work with and quick shipping too.

ghporter
Administrator
Sep 10, 2007, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by turtle777 View Post
MacosNerd, meet Rob / Cash.
Originally Posted by seanc View Post
Rob, I think.
Yep. The fact that his assertion is correct does not at all detract from the intense badness of the way he put it. I agree with his point, but I wish he'd learn to tone it down.

By the way, I'm lovin' my new Civic. I finally have a blue car again, and this one is just fantastic! Gush, effuse, etc. It's great.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

MacosNerd  (op)
Professional Poster
Sep 11, 2007, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by ghporter View Post
Y I finally have a blue car again, and this one is just fantastic! Gush, effuse, etc. It's great.
I hear ya, I feel the same way with Black.

His Dudeness
Mac Elite
Sep 11, 2007, 10:54 AM

Yep. The fact that his assertion is correct does not at all detract from the intense badness of the way he put it. I agree with his point, but I wish he'd learn to tone it down.

By the way, I'm lovin' my new Civic. I finally have a blue car again, and this one is just fantastic! Gush, effuse, etc. It's great.
Yeah, out here in Virginia, I NEVER see trucks towing anything...

IceEnclosure
Moderator Emeritus
Sep 11, 2007, 11:12 AM

yea you can add Florida to list of states FULL of trucks towing stuff.
ice

Railroader
Banned
Sep 11, 2007, 11:26 AM

Add Michigan to that list. You NEVER see a huge boat on a trailer behind a truck in Michigan or Indiana... never...

ghporter
Administrator
Sep 11, 2007, 12:14 PM

I do NOT see anyone pulling anything very heavy here in Texas. Boats? Sure! But even with a trailer most boats aren't that heavy. Most of the time I see huge trucks pulling anything, it's something like a 12' fishing boat or maybe a 18-20' boat. Really big boats tend to stay at the marina, or in storage near the marina.

I see plenty of trailers with "mule" vehicles all camo painted behind trucks-along with the deer stand folded up and such. These aren't terribly heavy either.

The point is that a HUGE number of "guys" buy trucks thinking they'll be like the featured drivers in those Chevy and Toyota truck commercials with near-capacity loads AND towing something like a 40-foot container full of machine parts, when 99%+ of the time they just commute in the truck. And they behave as if having this truck makes them something special-especially in traffic.

Making my statement about the "truth" of Rob's assertion into some sort of absolute wasn't terribly honest, was it?

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

MacosNerd  (op)
Professional Poster
Sep 11, 2007, 12:31 PM

The point is that a HUGE number of "guys" buy trucks thinking they'll be like the featured drivers in those Chevy and Toyota truck commercials with near-capacity loads AND towing something like a 40-foot container full of machine parts, when 99%+ of the time they just commute in the truck. And they behave as if having this truck makes them something special-especially in traffic.
For me I wanted the towing package because me and the wife are either going to be buying a popup camper or a trailer for camping. While I like camping either outside or in a tent, I have to face facts that the bride does not want to sleep on the ground

We've had boats before so I needed something to tow a 25' boat. Nothing too large or heavy, personally though I find boats to be a money pit so I'm not anxious to get another one.

His Dudeness
Mac Elite
Sep 11, 2007, 01:57 PM

I do NOT see anyone pulling anything very heavy here in Texas. Boats? Sure! But even with a trailer most boats aren't that heavy. Most of the time I see huge trucks pulling anything, it's something like a 12' fishing boat or maybe a 18-20' boat. Really big boats tend to stay at the marina, or in storage near the marina.

I see plenty of trailers with "mule" vehicles all camo painted behind trucks-along with the deer stand folded up and such. These aren't terribly heavy either.

Making my statement about the "truth" of Rob's assertion into some sort of absolute wasn't terribly honest, was it?
Well, except for the fact that this is a free country and people can buy what they want to buy without having to get the stamp approval from some idiot named Rob. A fact which escapes Rob almost all the time.

Reventon
Baninated
Sep 12, 2007, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by His Dudeness View Post
Yeah, out here in Virginia, I NEVER see trucks towing anything...
I see trucks towing stuff, sometimes. But most of the time it's just 1 or 2 mayons riding somewhere, towing nothing. When I do see them towing things, most of the time it's not anywhere near the huge things they show in commercials. I doubt a pair of jetskis or a medium sized searay weighs anywhere near 15,000lbs.

Reventon
Baninated
Sep 12, 2007, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Railroader View Post
Add Michigan to that list. You NEVER see a huge boat on a trailer behind a truck in Michigan or Indiana... never...
My dad has a 30ft Sunrunner with two mercruiser v8s. He has a semi to pull it now, but before that? He towed it with a caddillac. It worked fine.

Reventon
Baninated
Sep 12, 2007, 01:35 PM

For me I wanted the towing package because me and the wife are either going to be buying a popup camper or a trailer for camping. While I like camping either outside or in a tent, I have to face facts that the bride does not want to sleep on the ground

We've had boats before so I needed something to tow a 25' boat. Nothing too large or heavy, personally though I find boats to be a money pit so I'm not anxious to get another one.
Dude, I wasn't talking about you. The honda ridgelline doesn't even compete in the small penis contest of 'towing abilities'. It was designed around what people ACTUALLY tow, and what they ACTUALY need. Do people need the towing capacities of most of their 'mayon' trucks? No. They would be better suited with a Ridgeline, but they're insecure about their penis size therefore must get a HUGE manly truck, instead of a ridgeline.

You, on the other hand, either have a large penis or you're just comfortable with whatever size you are. Props to you for buying an 'intelligent' truck.

Reventon
Baninated
Sep 12, 2007, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by His Dudeness View Post
Well, except for the fact that this is a free country and people can buy what they want to buy without having to get the stamp approval from some idiot named Rob. A fact which escapes Rob almost all the time.
Oh, know what else? This is a free country with something called FREEDOM OF SPEECH, and if I see 'mayons' mainly buying trucks to be more macho than the other 'mayons', I can speak about it. I don't go looking for the approval of some sports fan who's life revolves around other people playing with a ball.

PS: Reported for name calling.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Sep 12, 2007, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Reventon View Post
PS: Reported for name calling.
$mart move

-t

Dakarʒ
Professional Poster
Sep 12, 2007, 02:01 PM

Either the mods are on their game, or irony decided to intercede and he got identified and banned because he reported someone else.

Lateralus
Moderator Emeritus
Sep 12, 2007, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Dakarʒ View Post
Either the mods are on their game, or irony decided to intercede and he got identified and banned because he reported someone else.
The answer is somewhere in the middle.
I like chicken
I like liver
Meow Mix, Meow Mix
Please de-liv-er

Dakarʒ
Professional Poster
Sep 12, 2007, 02:31 PM

The mods never give us straight answers!!!1111

Lateralus
Moderator Emeritus
Sep 12, 2007, 02:33 PM

Yes.

I like chicken
I like liver
Meow Mix, Meow Mix
Please de-liv-er

Dakarʒ
Professional Poster
Sep 12, 2007, 02:36 PM

I suckered you into answering me and getting owned by angelfire.

This round goes to me Lateralus!

Alcantara
Banned
Sep 12, 2007, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Dakarʒ View Post
Or the mods are just kinda ********s, which is why they kept giving me 2 week 'temp bans' for bullshit that everybody else gets away with, and now they're out to silence me because I don't respect their injust actions.

Dakarʒ
Professional Poster
Sep 12, 2007, 04:11 PM

Yeah, that's a shame.

Forum Links
Forum Rules