Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > TCP/IP Corruption

TCP/IP Corruption
Peter Sarantis
Sep 12, 2000, 06:31 PM

I am having an ongoing problem: Whenever my G4 mac crashes or freezes, in any application, the TCP file gets corrupted, so that when I restart and try to get online, I am informed that I the "ulr did not load". I end up having to trash the tcp preference file and restart. Then everthing works fine. Does anyone know what is corrupting this file?

Cipher13
Sep 12, 2000, 07:17 PM

I'm not really sure, and this is a longshot, but do you have the MacTCP DNR file in your System Folder?
If so, get rid of it. Its old and useless... (so I've been told... keep a copy of it somewhere just in case)

Cipher13

[This message has been edited by Cipher13 (edited 09-12-2000).]

Peter Sarantis
Sep 12, 2000, 10:46 PM

Thanks for the suggestion but it did not help. Any other ideas.

wlonh
Professional Poster
Sep 14, 2000, 02:19 AM

could be the Remote Access pref's folder is zotzed or it could be your Internet pref's file is zotzed...

try trashing the Remote Access folder in the Preferences folder (be sure you know your Remote Access settings first) then restart and reset the Remote Access control panel

didn't help? then ditto the above procedure for the Internet pref's file

Forum Links
Forum Rules